Saturday, August 24, 2019

I Was Playing With Mixed Media Art Dolls - Meet Glinda, Blossom and Goldie


As mentioned in my previous Linda's Blog post, I Had To Change Her Face, when I was buying the wood doll kits for my Artful Gathering 2019 Session 2 "Beyond the Imaginarium: A Compendium of Holiday Merriment" class taught by Mary Jane Chadbourne in July I decided to buy more of her "The Imaginarium: Anthologies of an Art Doll" wood kits. I told her I just wanted to "play."

Back in July of 2014 I took her ART-S2-307 The Imaginarium: Anthologies of an Art Doll class. It was a delightful mixed media art doll class that I loved.  It was my first adventure into mixed media art dolls and since then I haven't looked back.  I fell in love with making mixed media art dolls.

Now I know what you're going to say, "Linda you fall in love with every class you take and everything you craft."  That's true.  I don't think there's any doll, craft, or online class I haven't loved. Let's face it - I'm a doll and craft junkie!!!


I always get inspired with every Artful Gathering class I take and this year was no exception.  Hubby isn't always happy with this as he knows I can never do anything in moderation and when inspired to create, well - create I do.  And, I create, and create and create.

Needless to say, I've been in crafting heaven since the middle of June and have spent this summer blissfully creating mixed media art dolls and other mixed media crafts mainly for the Christmas holiday season.  I've had a delightful time.


I have spent the bulk of this time making mixed media Christmas and Winter decorations, but managed to finish three new mixed media art dolls from Mary Jane Chadbourne's wood doll kits.

So, meet Glinda, Blossom and Goldie.  In the picture above, Glinda is on the left,  Blossom is in the middle, and Goldie is on the right.


As with all my "dollies" each has their own story.  Just click on the links below to read them:



No comments:

Post a Comment