Sunday, August 25, 2019

My New Handmade Mixed Media Victorian Collage Mrs. Santa Tree Art Doll



After making my mixed media Victorian collage Santa it was time for Mrs. Claus.


I had a gentle image in mind for her and hoped she would come out that way.



So, without further ado shown above is my mixed media Victorian collage Mrs. Claus tree art doll.

Her body is comprised of a wood candle pedestal, Styrofoam tree and paper-clay head.  As I generally favor Victorian dolls it should comes as no surprise that she's a bit Victorian.


I sculptured her head out of paper-clay and painted her face with a combination of acrylic paints and watercolor paints.  I sculpted her eyebrows out of modeling paste and then painted them.

My sister's white alpaca roving from her Rock Garden Alpacas Farm was used for her hair and wired Christmas floral garland was used as around her head as an embellishment.

Lace trim was added around her neck and silk ribbon floral embellishments were added below her chin and on the front of her outfit.

Strung beads were added around her neck as well.


Collage papers were used for the tree and then sponge painted with Christmas colors.  Paper arms and gloves were added. White fiber trim and creative embroidery Christmas trim was added along the bottom of the sleeves.

Victorian graphic Christmas images were added to fill up the tree and her outfit.  The white fiber trim and creative embroidery Christmas trim was also used along the bottom of the tree and modeling paste was also used on some of the Victorian graphics as needed for depth and emphasis.


Her unfinished wood candle pedestal was sponge painted with different metallic greens and then molding paste was added along the rim.   The wired floral garland that I used around her head was wrapped around the pedestal of her base.  To finish off her base I added Christmas bows that I made out of wired ribbons.


Shown above is a picture of the back of the Mrs. Claus tree art doll.


The picture above is a close-up of her back embellishments.



The pictures above are close-ups of her right side and bottom.


The pictures above are close-ups of her left side and bottom.

I was really pleased with the way my Mrs. Claus art doll, came together.  She definitely looks gentle by nature.  She stands 19" tall and is going to be a good compliment for my Santa.  I can hardly wait for the holiday season as I have the perfect place in mind for showcasing them.  So, stay tuned for my holiday decoration posts.

Copyright © 2004 - 2023 - All Rights Reserved - Designed By Linda Walsh

No comments:

Post a Comment