Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Boxes and Trees - How Festive!


I just love Christmas boxes decorated with beautiful wired ribbons and floral accents.  In fact, for quite some time I used to elaborately decorate all the Christmas presents.  Everyone would say that they just looked so pretty they didn't want to open the present.

Well, as the family grew trying to elaborately decorate all the presents almost became impossible.  I still do it from time to time for hubby or some really special presents.  For the most part, however, with the young grandchildren elaborately decorated boxes are totally lost on them.



So, several years ago when hubby suggested that we should decorate some fake boxes and place them above our kitchen cabinets as Christmas decorations I was in 7th heaven.  I could decorate several boxes to my hearts content.  So, I did  five of them and we placed them atop our cabinets.






Well, this year we decided that we needed something in between the boxes and so we went to look at some of the other floral decorations I had made during the last two decades that we hadn't seen for awhile.


To our delight we found 3 of the artificial miniature evergreen  trees that I had created when I was in my miniature evergreen tree phase.  And, guess what, they fit up there just fine and look wonderful!

At least we think so.

So, I thought you'd like to see our boxes and trees.

Oh, the season is just so festive.

Elaborately decorated boxes. I love it.

Festive miniature trees. I love it.



No comments:

Post a Comment