Sunday, July 24, 2016

Gotta Love Sunflowers, The Fall Decorating Season, and My Creative Overdrive



There's nothing quite like walking through a field of beautiful, BIG Sunflowers.  After all how can you resist their bright, big yellow flowers.

I know I can't which is why many of my Fall decorations include Sunflowers and which is why I decided last year to design several Fall sunflower fabrics.  I haven't used them yet, but I'm planning on it for this Fall decorating season.  The question is" What shall I make?  Any suggestions?


This year I'll be putting one of my all time favorite silk floral arrangements out.  It's a simple Fall seasonal Sunflower, Black-Eyed Susan, pink Carnations, grass, and yellow and white floral reeds floral arrangement that I made several years ago.  As you know, I'm a huge fan of bright and cheery silk floral arrangements and love decorating my house with them all year and just love the colors and the simplicity of the arrangement.


Last year I created a free e-book on how I created my "How To Make A Beautiful Fall Sunflower and Black-Eyed Susan's Silk Floral Centerpiece" so you could make one of your own.  If you'd like to try your hand at making a beautiful sunflower silk floral piece my free e-book is here.


I know I've told you many, many times about the Fall season and my creativity being in overdrive. In fact, just writing this post I can feel it starting.  I'm ITCHING to do some Fall decorating.  Itching to create something new with my sunflowers fabric.

It's only July so I have to stifle this for awhile.  At least until the end of August.  However, since I don't know exactly what I'll be making with my sunflower fabric I don't know how much time it will take. I may just have to start NOW,  Ya, sure, Linda! Like anyone would believe that.

In thinking about the Fall and my desire to create, sew, and design and all the blog posts I had written about the Fall (and there were a lot) I remembered the story I had written about this in November of 2006 and thought you might enjoy reading it again.

In the 10 years since I wrote that post I would have to say that this has happened to me many (well, make that many, many, many) times and, as a result, I've made many (well, make that many, many, many) Fall related dolls, crafts, and floral arrangements for my home. 


Of course, with my creativity being n overdrive in the Fall I've created a lot of fall decorations.  So many that I have to rotate them year to year.

I don't know if I'll ever find out why I have this over drive or what it is about this season that enhances my creativity?


Maybe, however, I should I should stop worrying about it and just enjoy the "creative" moments? Tis the season - the "creative" season that is!  And, I CAN HARDLY WAIT!  I can feel the itch.

One of the worst things I can do right now is peruse my Fall Tutorials, Video's, Patterns, and How-to's Pinterest Board.  That would be a disaster.  I wouldn't be able to hold back my drive.

However, that shouldn't stop you from looking.  I hope you enjoy some of the Fall seasonal crafts tutorials, video's and how-to's I have found.

If you love my Fall Tutorials, Video's, Patterns and How-To's board please follow my board by clicking on the link above.

No comments:

Post a Comment