- About Me
- Contact Me
- Main Website
- My Handmade Animals, Dolls & Crafts
- My Amazon Handmade Shop
- My Digital Instant Download E-Patterns
- My ETSY Shop
- My Fabric Designs
- Cut and Sew Dolls & Crafts
- My Fabric Designs Blog
- Alpacas Rock
- Alpacas Rock Products Gallery
- It's Raining Doll Parties
- It's Raining Doll Parties Products Gallery
- It's Raining Baby Showers
- It's Raining Baby Showers Products Gallery
- Gray Is Beautiful
- Gray Is Beautiful Products Gallery
- The Dolls Product Lines Series
- Linda Walsh Originals Sprout Patterns Projects
- Linda Walsh Originals Roostery.com Shop
- The History of Faceless Dolls
- Victorian Era Blog
- Dollie Storage Room
- Linda's "Stories"
- Book and Crafts Review Corner
- Tips For Crafters
- My Faceless Beauties Video
- Best Free Craft Articles
- Top Blogs By Crafters
- Inspired Creations By D
- How-To Guide for Digital Goods/Products Downloads
- My Free E-Patterns, E-Printables, & E-Books
Saturday, August 21, 2010
Too Much To Do - So Little Time!
I'm not exactly sure why I was rummaging through all the bags of craft projects waiting to be finished in my basement the other day but, I was. It's not like I need anything else to do! In fact, you could say that I'm out of my mind.
I had gone down there looking for some of the primitive doll kits I had put together. So, instead of just looking through the bags with the primitive dolls I, of course, started looking through all the bags. And, there are lots of them. Winter dolls - waiting to be completed. Summer dolls - waiting to be completed. Halloween dolls - waiting to be created, etc. The bags go on and on - as do the contents.
Now you might be wondering what I'm talking about with all the bags. Well, I have tons of doll patterns with their respective pattern pieces already cut-out and stored as a kit - waiting to be sewn. I have just plain cloth dolls, wood and cloth dolls, craft kits, etc. And, all the wood was cut ahead of time and is waiting with its' respective pattern to be completed.
Why would I do this? Well, I'm very organized and I never do anything in moderation. When I'm designing doll patterns I design many of them. When I'm cutting out fabric for patterns I want to make, I cut many of them. When I'm sewing dolls, I sew all of the ones I've cut out. This approach saves me a lot of time but, this approach leaves me with many, many patterns saved as kits - waiting to be finished.
Do I have a lot of kits in bags downstairs - well, YES! Too many actually - which is a little foolish as I don't know when I'll get the time to finish them all. I am determined, however, that they will be finished. It might not be within this millennium, but they will be finished. That is, unless I add more.
Too much to do - so little time!
Clipart - Courtesy of Picturesof.net