My instructions on how to make painted and stenciled terracotta pots of your own are shown below.
4"-5" Round Terracotta Pot (with or without a tray)
Patio Paint - 1 Bottle
Varnish - 1 Small Can
Provo Craft First Impressions Rub-On Stencils - 1 Each For The Border and Picture
Brush - 1
Potpourri - 1 Pkg
1. Wipe the terracotta pot with a moist paper towel and then let dry.
2. Brush paint the terracotta pot with the Patio Paint inside and out and let dry. Do the same with the terracotta tray if you are using one.
3. Apply a second coat of the Patio Paint to the inside and outside of the terracotta pot and let dry. Do the same with the terracotta tray if you are using one.
4. Select the stencil you are going to use for the border at the top of the terracotta pot. Cut enough of the stencil border to cover the top of the terracotta pot.
5. Using the popsicle stick gently rub the stencil on to the top of the terracotta pot.
6. Select the stencil you are going to use for the picture in the center of the pot. Using the popsicle stick gently rub the stencil onto the center of the pot.
7. When you are happy with the design and the stencils are adhered to the pot gently brush the entire pot with the varnish. Do the same with the terracotta tray if you are using one.
8. When the terracotta pot is completely dry add seasonal potpourri.
9. Congratulations - You're Done! Now make as many of the painted and stenciled terracotta pots as you would like to decorate around your house.
I also created a .PDF "Linda's How-Do-I Series? How To Make A Painted and Stenciled Terracotta Pot Decoration" E-Book for this as well.
To view and download my free e-book please CLICK HERE. You'll be brought to Google Drive where you can view our free e-book. Then just download our free .pdf e-book from the File menu in the upper left hand corner.
For more information on all my free e-patterns, e-printables and e-books please CLICK HERE.
However, you may link to my website(s)/blog(s) and the individual page(s)/blog post(s) (including 1 picture) but do not copy, reprint or duplicate my website(s)/blog(s) or individual page(s)/post(s )without my permission.
Items made from Linda Walsh Originals Products are intended for personal use for fun or small scale personal and business profit as long as you credit us with the design. Large scale commercial use (i.e. mass production) of items made from Linda Walsh Originals products are by permission only.
Please see my Terms and Conditions for additional information.
Copyright © 2004 - 2015 - All Rights Reserved - Written By Linda Walsh of Linda Walsh Originals and Linda's Blog. Linda is a doll maker and doll pattern designer.