My instructions on how to make a pine cone basket of your own are shown below.
1 Large Handle Basket
1 Can Green Spray Paint
1 Can Spray Varnish or Lacquer
1 Bag of Spanish Moss
4 pk OASIS RAINBOW FOAM BRICK TURQUOISE - Enough Floral Foam Bricks To Line The Bottom Of The Basket
1 1/2" to 2" Wide Green Wired Ribbon
Package of Green Preserved Boxwood
Batch of Green Preserved Evergreen Sprigs or Other Green Silk Floral
1/2" to 1" Plaid Cloth Covered Box Decorations
Red Berry Spray With Multiple Berries or Red Berry Picks
1/2" to 1" Shiny Red Apple Decorations
Dried or Preserved Pine Cones of Various Shapes and Sizes
Dual Temperature Glue Gun
Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
(Note - These instructions are for ADULT use only as they require the use of a hot glue gun. Always use caution when working with any kind of hot glue gun.)
1. Spray paint the inside and outside of the basket with the green paint. Let dry completely.
2. Place the Spanish moss along the inside of the basket so as to cover any openings in the sides of the basket.
3. Pack the bottom of the basket tightly with the floral brick foam to within 4 inches of the top rim of the basket.
4. Glue the first layer of pine cones to the floral brick foam using the low temperature setting of the dual temperature glue gun.
5. Arrange the pine cones of various shapes and sizes that you are going to see until they fill the basket and the arrangement is pleasing to the eye. Then glue them in place using the low temperature setting of the dual temperature glue gun.
6. Glue the smaller pine cones in between the larger pine cones until all the gaps are filled.
7. Spray the basket and pine cones with varnish or lacquer. Let dry completely.
8. Glue the preserved box wood amongst the pine cones until the arrangement is pleasing to the eye.
9. Glue the preserved evergreen sprigs or other green silk floral amongst the pine cones until the arrangement is pleasing to the eye.
10. Glue the 1/2" to 1" plaid cloth covered box decorations amongst the pine cones until their placement is pleasing to the eye.
11. Glue the 1/2" to 1" Shiny Red Apple Decorations amongst the pine cones until their placement is pleasing to the eye.
12. Cut the red berries so they are individual and then glue the red berries amongst the pine cones until their placement is pleasing to the eye.
13. Tie the 1 1/2" to 2" wide green wired ribbon into a large decorative bow with many, many loops so it is very full and then fasten the bow to the middle of the handle of the basket with the wire.
14. Congratulations - You're Done!
I also created a .PDF "Linda's How-Do-I Series How To Make A Green Painted Pinecone Basket" e-book for this as well.
To view and download my free e-book please CLICK HERE. You'll be brought to Google Drive where you can view our free e-book. Then just download our free .pdf e-book from the File menu in the upper left hand corner.
For more information on all my free e-patterns, e-printables and e-books please CLICK HERE.
However, you may link to my website(s)/blog(s) and the individual page(s)/blog post(s) (including 1 picture) but do not copy, reprint or duplicate my website(s)/blog(s) or individual page(s)/post(s )without my permission.
Items made from Linda Walsh Originals Products are intended for personal use for fun or small scale personal and business profit as long as you credit us with the design. Large scale commercial use (i.e. mass production) of items made from Linda Walsh Originals products are by permission only.
Please see my Terms and Conditions for additional information.
Copyright © 2004 - 2015 - All Rights Reserved - Written By Linda Walsh of Linda Walsh Originals and Linda's Blog. Linda is a doll maker and doll pattern designer.