Sunday, December 08, 2019

My New Miniature Mixed Media Gingerbread House Christmas Ornaments


When I fell in love with mixed media crafts I was searching the web for various mixed media crafts suppliers websites and found Alphastamps.net which sells collage supplies.  It's a wonderful website filled with all sorts of supplies for mixed media crafting including: Beads, Charms & Filigree, Collage Sheets, Collage Supplies, Digital Images, Kits, Miniatures, Paper, and Rubber Stamps.

They also have a blog filled with all sorts of inspiration for various creations you could make utilizing their supplies.


So, of course, I started perusing the blog and found several projects, make that many projects....lol, I wanted to try.  I found a post for "The Jolly Christmas Houses of Jingle Lane by Kristin Batsel!" and thought the gingerbread house was just adorable.

After looking at the blog I started looking at the 3D Chipboard Collection and found several chipboard house ornaments I could use to make some gingerbread house ornaments of my own.  One was the house treat box, one was a small chipboard house, and one was a 2"cube Kraft boxes.

I thought the small chipboard house pieces would make adorable mixed media gingerbread house ornaments for my Christmas tree so I bought six of them.  I figured I could put some on my tree and some I could give away as Christmas gifts.


So, I put the chipboard houses together and then looked at my mixed media crafts stash to see what supplies I wanted to utilize for making my houses.  Needless to say I had a lot of stash supply containers out while making these houses.

I love making mixed media creations but have to tell you that they are a lot of work and do require many craft supplies as well as plenty of time and patience.  That being said, once your creation is finished you can't help but appreciate all the work that went into making it.

When I was done with my six ornaments I sat back to take a look at them.  They were adorable and would look great on my tree.  Hubby loved them too, but even he recognized there was a lot of work involved in making them and commented on it.


Here's what the fronts looked like.


Here's what the right hand sides looked like.


Here's what the backs looked like.


And, here's what the left hand sides looked like.

I can hardly wait to see how they will look on my Christmas tree.  When my tree is done I'll be sure to post some pictures so you can see them as well.

Deciding where to put them on the tree is easy.  The hard part is deciding which to keep and which to give away.


No comments:

Post a Comment