Monday, December 09, 2019

New Mixed Media Christmas Decorations - Adorable Gingerbread Houses


As I mentioned in my previous Linda's Blog post when I fell in love with mixed media crafts I was searching the web for various mixed media crafts suppliers websites and found Alphastamps.net which sells collage supplies.

In perusing their blog I found several projects, make that many projects....lol, I wanted to try.  One of the projects I wanted to try was "The Jolly Christmas Houses of Jingle Lane by Kristin Batsel!"

It was just so adorable I had to try it! She utilized the house treat box, which is a chipboard house to create her Christmas gingerbread houses.  So, I bought four.  As always, I figured I could keep one and give some away as gifts.


I put the chipboard houses together and then looked at my mixed media crafts stash to see what supplies I wanted to utilize for making my gingerbread houses.  Needless to say, like the other smaller gingerbread house ornaments I had made,  there were a lot of stash supplies containers out while making these houses, too.

These were a lot more work to do than my smaller gingerbread house ornaments as they were bigger and you could see through the windows so I had to finish the insides.  You can't tell from the pictures but if you look inside the front door and back windows you can see a graphic of a little girl making gingerbread cookies.  Plus the floors, walls, and ceiling on the inside are all finished. 

Like the smaller gingerbread house ornaments these required many craft supplies as well as plenty of time and patience.  However, in looking at my finished creations I decided the end result was well worth it.


Here's what the fronts looked like.


Here's what the right hand sides looked like.


Here's what the backs looked like.


And, here's what the left hand sides looked like.

In looking at them and their size I had just the right spot in my home for them this holiday season and decided to keep all four and not give any away as gifts.  I know, sometimes I'm a scrooge....lol

After I finish decorating my house this year I'll be sure to post pictures of where I put them so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment