Sunday, December 22, 2019

Christmas Decorations In The Sun-room This Year


One of the cheeriest and sunniest rooms in our house is our sun-room. It's one of my favorite rooms and was both my "beloved" mother's and our "beloved" Bud's favorite rooms. I know why it was my mother's favorite rooms - she just loved sunshine. Since this room is on the south side it gets a lot of sun and because of this can be "hot" at times.

I often wondered why it was "Bud's" favorite room too until one day it dawned on me that the sun-room was the only room in the house that he could see out of. He'd sit in front of the French doors all day just looking out.

So, I thought you'd enjoy seeing some of the Christmas decorations in our sun-room.

In the corner of the sun-room stands an olde fashioned wood Santa.  He stands 45" tall and is made our 3/4" pine wood. I named him "Kristopher" and he was made based upon a "From My Heart To Yours" design.

In front of him are two of the pine-cone baskets I made years ago.



Behind the Santa on the table top are one of the silk floral arrangements I made years ago, a papier-mâché Santa wolf Christmas decoration my brother gave me years ago, one of the Santa make-do decorations I made years ago and which I created a free e-pattern for, and one of the mixed media collage Christmas angels I made several years ago.


  




On the book shelves behind the table are some of the Christmas woodcraft decorations I've made over the years.  We have my two Santa primitive make-do decorations that I made free e-patterns for, one of the blue mixed media Santa collage shelf sitter decorations I made several years ago, one of the red mixed media Santa collage shelf sitter decorations I made several years ago, and four of the wood caroler dolls hubby and I made decades ago.


There are two small sofa's in the sun-room so I placed one of the large custom designed red Christmas pillows I created this year and for the other one of the white custom designed red Christmas pillows I created this year.



On the end table between the two small sofa's I added one of the cloth gingerbread-man place-mats, two of the white Christmas coasters and two of the red Christmas coasters I custom designed this year.


On the coffee table I added one of the cloth gingerbread-man place-mats, two of the white Christmas coasters and two of the red Christmas coasters I custom designed this year.


On the coffee table is also a large silk floral I made years ago in a adorable red and green striped ceramic base that was part of a beautiful natural floral arrangement that was given to me by my son-in-law and grandchildren for Christmas many years ago.  I saved the container for a long time as I loved it and knew one day I would have the right application for it.



Surrounding the large silk floral on the coffee table are several of the terra-cotta carolers I made years ago and several of the terra-cotta Santa's I made years ago.  I ended up designing free e-patterns for both of these so you could make some of your own if you wanted to.




Hanging up in the corner is a large silk floral poinsettia I bought years ago.  It hangs in front of a small corner bookcase.  On the top of the bookcase I placed two of the Trio Of Carolers I had made decades ago and which I created a free e-book for.


I was pleased with the way the sun-room Christmas decorations came out this year and hope you enjoyed seeing them.



No comments:

Post a Comment