I have been in love with jigsaw puzzles since I was a small child. During my childhood years I've solved jigsaw puzzles and then glued them to a piece of cardboard so I could mount them on my bedroom wall for decorations. Choose a really colorful puzzle and you have a fabulous decoration.
Not only do they make great decorations, but they make fabulous gifts for any occasion as they provide hours of puzzle entertainment fun.
Here's how you would create a jigsaw puzzle picture decoration:
Jigsaw puzzle, 2 large pieces of cardboard for turning the puzzle, 1 piece of cardboard chipboard or 1/8"-1/4" wood for the backing, wood glue, paint, mod podge, brushes, picture hanger.
1) Measure and cut a piece of cardboard, chipboard, or 1/8"-1/4" wood to be the same size as the puzzle.
2) If you are using 1/8"-1/4" pine board you would want to paint it a complementary color to match your wall colors. Let the paint dry thoroughly.
3) Put the jigsaw puzzle together.
4) Carefully slide the finished puzzle piece onto a piece of cardboard that is larger than your puzzle.
5) Cover the front of your puzzle with another piece of cardboard that is larger than your puzzle piece to create a sandwich of cardboard and puzzle pieces with the puzzle piece in between.
6) Turn your puzzle sandwich upside down and then place it on a table.
7) Remove the larger piece of cardboard that was covering the back of your puzzle so the jigsaw puzzle is turned over with the bottom showing.
8) Add wood glue to the top of the cardboard, chipboard, or 1/8"-1/4" wood piece until it is fully covered.
9) Turn the cardboard, chipboard, or 1/8"-1/4" wood piece upside down and glue it to the bottom of your turned over jigsaw puzzle on the table.
10) Let the wood glue dry thoroughly.
11) Apply one to two coats of mod podge to the front and sides of the puzzle to seal the picture.
12) Add a picture hanger to the back of your puzzle picture and hang it on the wall.
We have a lot of different jigsaw puzzle designs.