Friday, September 03, 2010

A Young Girl's Bet - Pay Up, Kiddo!




After I was finished with my recent post about my niece entitled "A Gift from My Niece and A Graduation!" I couldn't help but remember something she gave me when she turned 21.    It was a five dollar bill. 

Now you might be wondering what's the big deal with a five dollar bill? 

Well, the five dollar bill had to do with it was a piece of paper from December 19, 1992 and a young girl's bet. 

It seems during the family Christmas celebration many, many years ago that I bet my niece that she would not be taller than me by the time she turned 21. 

Now why would I make such a bet?  Well, I'm 5' 10" tall and I figured it was a sure fire winner for me.  Easy way to make $5.00.  My niece probably figured since she was tall for her age that she'd be taller than I was by the time she turned 21. 

Well, at 21 she's tall, but not as tall as her aunt.  So, she paid me $5.00.  She'd lost the agreement from so many years ago. 

Of course, at my age, she had to remind me of the agreement and show me the piece of paper she'd so lovingly saved from so many years ago.  I was a little embarrassed at not remembering something that we'd done, but amazed that she had saved the paper.  If you look at the picture closely you can see the fold lines from it being saved in a little girl's wallet for 9 years. 

I was so sorry that I hadn't exactly remembered the bet.  However, that didn't stop me from accepting the money! LOL LOL 

Pay up, kiddo! A bet's a bet!  Remembered or not! 

No comments:

Post a Comment