Saturday, July 31, 2010

A Gift from My Niece and A Graduation!




I think I've told you a couple of times (yeah, right - make that thousands of time) that I absolutely LOVE handmade gifts. And, I love when that gift is truly unique. 

Well, my recent post on my pressed flowers entitled " My Pressed Flower Pictures - Now That's A Great Idea!" reminded me of a gift that I received over a decade ago from my niece. 

Now given that I am extremely biased when it comes to my loved ones, but I think my niece, who just graduated from a very prestigious art school last month, is an extremely gifted and beautiful artist.  Beautiful with her art and beautiful inside and out.  I couldn't possibly love her more or be prouder of her, her art, and her accomplishments. 

My niece is a very talented and creative artist with an unbelievable imagination. Some of her unique and whimsical creations are of the type where you have to wonder exactly how she came up with that idea. 

Well, the gift that she gave me over a decade ago is shown in the picture at the beginning of this post and it was an amazing and unique gift. The picture doesn't really do it justice as you can't really see the vivid acrylic colors and the pressed flowers. 

I absolutely LOVE it because - well, my niece gave it to me for one thing - and because it combines her love of art with her love of nature and gardening.  And, I think you all know how I love combining ones interests into a single creation! 

The gift from my niece is hanging in my hall and is the first thing you see when you enter my home.  It's a beautiful creation from a loving niece, whom I could not be PROUDER of.    

CONGRATULATIONS GRADUATE!

No comments:

Post a Comment