Thursday, November 14, 2019

My Red and White Poinsettia Flowers For My Victorian Mixed Media Christmas Bottles



After finishing my large red poinsettia arrangement I turned my attention to some of the Christmas mixed media bottles I had made that could function as vases with embellished paper flowers.


Initially,  I had decided that my Victorian mixed media Christmas vases would stay as bottles as I loved them just the way they were but decided that some red, white and green poinsettia stems in them would be very pretty.  So I decided to create paper flowers for all four of the vases.


I decided that four, five or six small poinsettia stems painted in a bright Christmas red, white and green would be pretty so I made the paper blossoms and painted the red ones with a combination of acrylic red, metallic red paint, and clear glitter paint. I painted the white blossoms with a combination of white acrylic paint, white metallic paint, and clear glitter paint.


I painted the green blossoms with a festive green metallic paint and then sponge painted a combination of white pearl metallic paint and glorious gold metallic paint on them.

As the gold puffy paint worked well for my large red poinsettia arrangement I decided to use that here as well.   So, I inserted my paper blossoms into the paper clay centers I had fashioned to hold them and set them aside to dry.

When the paper clay was dry I painted the red flower paper clay centers with a metallic Christmas green and then added the gold puffy paint. I painted the white and green flower paper clay centers with the festive green metallic paint and then added the gold puffy paint. Once again, the puffy paint worked really well so I was pleased with all of them.


Once everything was dry I added my two small white poinsettia stems, two small red poinsettia stems, and two miniature white poinsettia stems to the white "Joy" mixed media vase and bent them into the shape that I wanted.


For the red "Peace On Earth" vase I decided to use three small red poinsettia stems and three miniature poinsettia stems. 

Once everything was dry I added my small red poinsettia stems and miniature red poinsettia stems to the red "Peace On Earth" mixed media vase and bent them into the shape that I wanted.


Once everything was dry I added my two small green poinsettia stems and two small red poinsettia stems to the green "Merry Christmas" mixed media vase and bent them into the shape that I wanted.


Once everything was dry I added my red poinsettia stems and white poinsettia stems to the gold "Merry Christmas" mixed media vase and bent them into the shape that I wanted.

I can hardly wait for the Christmas season to begin so I can put all four of my Victorian mixed media Christmas bottles out.   It's a little too early to put my Christmas decorations out now but I promise I will take pictures when I do and post them for you all to see.

The Christmas season will soon be upon us..... yippee!

Copyright © 2004 - 2023 - All Rights Reserved - Designed By Linda Walsh

No comments:

Post a Comment