Monday, November 18, 2019

New Paper Flowers For My Mixed Media Paper Flowers and Collage Embellished Bottles



As you know, I have been having a delightful time experimenting with glass vases and bottles for the past few months.  During the last few weeks I decided to make paper flowers for my embellished vases and started with the two small 4" - 6" mixed media vases I had made with a Victorian theme.

When deciding what paper flowers I should make for this vase I decided that small daisy multi-layer like flowers in complementary colors to match the embellished vase would be pretty and would add to their overall prettiness.

I decided that five small flowers (one center flower with four surrounding flowers) would be suitable for the size of this vase. For their blossoms I thought a combination of royal blue acrylic paint, dark blue metallic paint, light blue metallic paint, and silver glitter paint would be pretty.  I also thought the center stem for this group should be just a little different than the four stems surrounding it.  After the paint had dried I inserted them into the paper clay centers I had fashioned to hold them and set them aside for the paper-clay to dry.

After the paper-clay was dry I painted the paper-clay centers with a metallic silver paint.  Once the metallic paints were dry I added a clear glossy glazing medium.

Once the flowers were dry I added them to the vase and bent them into the positions I wanted.  In looking at the bottle I have to say it's still very Victorian and still very "pretty."


The small lace embellishment from my creative embroidery stash made the second vase in this group  a little different so I decided to make the flowers for this vase just a little different as well.

Once again I decided that five small flowers (one center flower with four surrounding flowers) would be suitable for the size of this vase. However, since this vase was already a little different I thought this arrangement should be a little different as well and decided to make the center stem a different color than the stems surrounding it.

For the four stems surrounding the center one I thought the blossoms here should be a combination of teal blue acrylic paint, dark teal metallic paint, light teal metallic paint, and silver glitter paint. I painted the center stem with a combination of royal blue acrylic paint, dark blue metallic paint, light blue metallic paint, and silver glitter paint.  After my paper blossoms were dry I inserted them into the paper clay centers I had fashioned to hold them and set them aside for the paper-clay to dry.

After the paper-clay was dry I painted the paper clay centers of the four teal blue flowers with a metallic silver paint.  I painted the paper clay center of the royal blue flower with a gold metallic paint.  Once the metallic paints were dry I added a clear glossy glazing medium.

Once all the flowers were dry I added them to the vase and bent them into the positions I wanted. I was happy with the way this bottle came out as well.  It, too, is certainly "pretty."

I hope you like how my mixed medial paper flowers and collage embellished bottle turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment