Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Paper Flowers For Winter Seasonal Mixed Media Paper Flowers and Collage Embellished Vases


One of the bottles I embellished was an unusual bottle to say the least.  It was an odd shaped clear glass bottle that reminded me of Aladdin's lamp.  I don't know why but it's shape intrigued me.

For this vase first I added old book page collage papers to it first.  Then I painted it with black acrylic paint and added a sponge paint combination of metallic royal blue paint, metallic silver paint, metallic dark blue paint, and white acrylic paint.

Since it was so different I also decided to add an embellished texture in several areas with paper-clay smeared shapes that I could stamp and then paint.

In looking at my unusual vase I decided to add five two-layer passion daisies to it as they, too, were a little unusual in nature so they would fit the unusual vase.

I decided to compliment the colors of the vase and created five royal blue and dark blue metallic painted blossoms with a tinge of light acrylic blue.   After painting my paper blossoms I inserted them into the paper clay centers I had fashioned to hold them and set them aside to dry.  After the paper-clay centers were dry I painted them with a bronze silver paint.  Once the metallic paints were dry I added a clear glossy glazing medium.

Because the vase was bigger than my miniature bottles and because the flowers were larger and heavier I decided to add smaller cubes of the green floral foam to the inside of the vase until it filled it up to within 1" of the top of the vase.  This helped to stabilize the larger floral stems.

When everything was dry I added the paper stems to my unusual bottle vase and bent them into positions that I thought would compliment my unusual vase.  I love how the vase turned out and hope you do too.  Unusual but beautiful in it's uniqueness.

No comments:

Post a Comment