Wednesday, December 16, 2015

I Finally Decided To Take Some Craftsy Online Classes - Here's What I Chose


As a pattern designer I'm always on the look out for great websites to sell my e-patterns and have been a big fan of Craftsy since January 2012.  In fact, I sell some of my e-patterns there.  If you'd like to see my e-patterns shop at Craftsy please click here.   Unfortunately, as of 12/28/18 Craftsy is closing all indie designers pattern stores including mine.

I'm also a big fan of websites that offer online classes and have been eyeing Craftsy's online classes for quite some time.  They have so many wonderful classes to choose from.  My problem has always been lack of time.

Well, in November and early December I finally decided to purchase 4 of their online classes. I figured that over the holidays and winter snow season I would certainly have some time to take some of the classes I've been wanting to take.


Here's what I chose and the reason why:

Stupendous Stitching: Adventures in Surface Design

I decided to purchase the Stupendous Stitching: Adventures in Surface Design as I've been interested in fiber arts for years and wanted to learn more about how different fiber applications can really enhance my quilt creations.

Re-Piecing the Past: Civil War Blocks Then & Now

With my passion for history and the Victorian era how could I resist the Re-Piecing the Past: Civil War Blocks Then & Now class.

Stumpwork: Raised Embroidery Essentials

I've been a needlecrafter since I was a little girl and have created cross-stitch, crewel, needlework, stitchery, and crazy quilt creations over the years.  Recently I've fallen in love with 3D quilts and have wanted to see how stumpwork would enhave some of my 3D quilts. So, of course, I had to take the Stumpwork: Raised Embroidery Essentials class.

Embroidering With Ribbon

And, last but not least, I have also been a huge fan of SRE (Silk Ribbon Embroidery) and the beautiful floral embroidery creations you can make using silk ribbons for decades.  I know a few of these techniques but wanted to learn some more so, of course, I had to choose the Embroidering With Ribbon class.

I'm hoping that this week I can start watching the video's for these classes. The problem is which to pick first. I'll let you know what I think so stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment