Sunday, December 06, 2015

DIY (Do-It-Yourself), Website and Blog Designers & Hosting Providers For Independent Small Business Artists and Crafters On The Web

I often get asked by independent small business artists and crafters where to go to build a website.   I usually tell them that depending on their requirements they probably don't need to hire a professional website designer.  Depending on their needs if they are a small business owner most of the DIY websites and blogs will work just fine.

To give you a little background on me I'm a doll maker and doll pattern designer and have had websites for over 10 years.  I created two of my own websites that I updated to Godaddy via FTP and also managed and maintained two websites that were hosted through In A Pickle Web Design: one an instant download e-products website using MyCartToGo e-commerce software and Mals-E shopping cart and one selling my handmade goods and crafts

Now I have 1 consolidated Linda Walsh Originals Shop website at Go-Daddy that I maintain that uses a Quick Cart shopping which allows me to sell all my handmade goods and e-products on the same website.

For the past 5 years I've also maintained a Linda Walsh Originals Info website utilizing Website Builder at Go-Daddy.  This is basically a 5 page DIY website that contains all the information about me, my websites, and all my blogs.  Website Builder is very easy to use and very suitable for my information purposes.

Over the years I've created many, many, many selling and non-selling blogs, most of which were created using  My main Linda's Blog  was created in 2005 and is used for posting everything and anything concerning Linda Walsh Originals.  It's a personal blog, selling blog, and promoting blog all in one.

When I started you only needed to worry about how your website looked on a desktop computer and laptop.  Now you have to worry if your website is optimized for a desktop, laptop, tablet, and mobile phone.  You also need to be concerned with the browser used, as well as the computer platform. The good news is most of the DIY websites and hosting providers are already equipped to handle this. Just be sure to check this out before making a final decision on where to create your website.

So, I  thought I'd create a list for you of  DIY (Do-It-Yourself), Website and Blog Designers & Hosting Providers that I'm aware of.  If you're an independent small business artist and crafter looking for a website please check out my list.  I posted my DIY (Do-It-Yourself), Website and Blog Designers & Hosting Providers For Independent Small Business Artists and Crafters On The Web list on my Tips For Crafters On The Web blog so if you'd like to see it please CLICK HERE.

I hope you find my list helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment