Friday, October 23, 2015

Gotta Love Applique and Mini-Quilts, Mug Rugs, Coasters, Pot Holders, Candle Mats, Placemats, and Trivets



By now I know you all know that I'm a crafter who loves crafting, sewing, quilting, applique, working with wool felt, embroidery, crazy quilting, creative embroidery, SRE (silk ribbon embroidery), mixed media, doll making, stamping, sculpting, and so much more.

Over the years I like to think I've perfected some of these skills from beginner to "not so bad" to "she knows what she's doing."

Well, last Fall I wanted to try something a little different. So, I decided to create a 3-D type of leaf quilt that could hang off the wall for a Fall decoration and is shown in the picture at the top of this post.  Not a large quilt - just a small one.  I tend to have a short attention span so I like making things that are small (i.e. my love for doll making) like mini quilts.  So, I designed a mini wall quilt 19" by 21" that has tabs that allow it to hang from a wire and wood mini quilt hanger.


I also like crafting with wool felt and making wool felt mini quilts or pictures with various designs appliqued, like the baby shower mini quilts, mug rugs, and .picture shown in the picture above.


Or the wool felt alpaca mini quilts, pictures and mug rugs shown in the picture above.


But I don't just love sewing with wool felt. I love sewing mini quilts, pillows, and mug rugs using my custom fabric designs.

Let's face it - I just love crafting.  Make that crafting "small."



I fell in love with mug rugs last year. Mainly because they were tiny little mini quilts you could easily make. If you love mug rugs, quilted coasters, pot holders, place-mats, trivets, candle mats and mini quilts and would like to make some I hope you find these tutorials, video's and how-to's helpful.

If you love my Mini Quilt, Mug Rug, Table Runner, Coaster, Pot Holder, Candle Mat, Placemat and Trivet Tutorials Video's, Patterns & How-To's board please follow my board by clicking on the link above.



I also love to applique and love seeing beautifully appliqued pieces - especially if they are Sunbonnet Sue's. If you would love to learn how to applique, I hope these tutorials, video's and how-to's are helpful.

If you love my Applique Tutorials, Video's, Patterns and How-To's board please follow my board by clicking on the link above.

No comments:

Post a Comment