Friday, May 01, 2015

Gotta Love Alpaca Fibers Boards on Pinterest


Four years ago my sister and her husband became alpaca farmers and started Rock Garden Alpacas. Two years later they started Rock Garden Alpacas Fiber for selling all their alpaca fiber products, including roving, raw fiber, carded batts, handspun yarn, hand dyed roving, and doll hair fibers.

My sister had given me several large (make that HUGE) bags of roving and several carded batts (which I loved) from her alpacas Sunflower, Ivy, Cosmo, Zinnia and Masquerade which I used to make my needle felted art dolls, like those shown in the picture collage above.   I loved working with the natural alpaca roving and carded batts - especially Masquerade's gray fiber batts.  It was fabulous for making the needle felted dolls.

Several years ago I was visiting my sister and learned how to card batts and dye roving.  It was a lot of fun and I came home with some wonderful carded batts and lots of bright and cheery dyed roving packs. I had Fall combination colors, beautiful blues and purples, Christmas colors and so much more.

Two years ago my sister started spinning her alpaca roving into yarn.  She subsequently learned how to hand dye her yarn and utilize several methods for plying it.  Last year she sent me a surprise package in the mail that contained some of her handspun alpaca yarn.  I was thrilled and put this to good use with some of my mixed media art dolls - especially the witches. I've used her raw alpaca fiber, alpaca roving (natural and hand dyed) and handspun alpaca yarn for some of my dolls hair and have to tell you it's just wonderful.

I keep looking for various ways to use her alpaca fiber products and have to tell you that the possibilities seem endless. I had so many little sticky notes for this project or that project or this method or that method that I'd like to try or thought she might try that it was getting a little unwieldy. So, I decided to set up Pinterest boards to handle all the pins. So now I have three wonderful Pinterest boards instead of thousands of yellow sticky's everywhere.



I have a spinning, carding, batts, roving and making felt tutorials, video's and how-to's board. I'm hoping that when my sister finally teaches me how to do this all these tutorials will come in handy.

If you love my Spinning Tutorials & Carding, Batts, Roving & Making Felt Tutorials, Video's and How-To's board please follow my board by clicking on the link above.



I have a dyeing fabric, yarn, wool, alpaca, ribbon & threads tutorials, video's and how-to's board. I love visiting that board just to see all the wonderful colors of the yarns and roving and some of the methods are very intriguing.

If you love my Dyeing Fabric Tutorials, Video's, Patterns and How-To's board please follow my board by clicking on the link above.



And, I have a weaving & loom tutorials, video's, patterns, and how-to's board. Hopefully, this will come in handy as well.

If you love my Weaving & Loom Tutorials, Video's, Patterns and How-To's board please follow my board by clicking on the link above.

I also set-up three other Pinterest boards - Amigurumi, Crochet, and Knitting.  I've already pinned over 250 pins to my knitting board - all of which I want to try.  I know how to knit so that should be no problem and have always wanted to try those really big knitting needles they have today.

I've got close to 700 amazing crochet tutorials on my crocheting board all of which I'd love to try.  Of course, I'll never be able to do all of them.  First and foremost I would need to learn how to crochet. Hopefully when I finally have a chance to crochet something some of the how-to's and pins will come in handy.

It should come as no surprise that I also love amigurumi as it basically involves knitting or crocheting little animals and dolls.  Truth be told it's the adorable little crocheted amigurumi animals that are the real impetuous for my learning crochet.



No comments:

Post a Comment