Sunday, December 08, 2013

Gotta Love Little Red Wagons and Doll Chairs


I just love surprises - don't you?

For the "dollies" and me it's even more delightful when it's something they can use. They're so demanding and spoiled it's hard to keep them happy.

So, when my sister told me she had a friend who was moving and who had a gift shop full of inventory that she needed to sell that included doll chairs and wanted to know if I was interested I said, "absolutely!"

I was getting these sight unseen and had no idea how many chairs and what types they were. It would definitely be a surprise. And, surprised I was. Actually, "delighted" is a better word.

Tucked inside the box was the most adorable little red wagon. My sister thought I could use it for the "dollies" so she grabbed it for me. Of course, I loved it and immediately put it to good use in my Fall decorations seasonal scene. I thought it would look cute carrying a pumpkin.

Of course, when the boy "dollies" found out I was using it for one of my seasonal displays there was a lot of stomping, banging and clanging coming from "The Dollie Storage Room." I knew it was the boy "dollies" showing their displeasure with my using the little red wagon that way. So I just ignored them. I'm sure they weren't happy about that, but sometimes I just have to have the upper hand.

Hubby, of course, said , "The boys aren't going to let this go. They're very unhappy!"

To which I replied, "Well, they can't always have their way."

To which he replied, "You're gonna regret this."

I was determined not to let the boy "dollies" get their way but knew hubby was probably right. The "dollies" always got their way.

No comments:

Post a Comment