Monday, December 09, 2013

My Fall Teal Quilted Runner, Place-mats and Mug Rugs


I've had a couple of yards of this really adorable Fall themed fabric for several years now and haven't had a chance to use it.  I can't remember where I got it.  Either my sister gave it to me or my Mother and I bought it on one of our shopping trips.  It's filled with adorable images of scarecrows, pumpkins, leaves, etc. and beautiful teal blue, brown, orange and yellow colors. Perfect for the Fall.  Perfect for my dining room table which is much wider than the kitchen/family room table shown above.

As I haven't really had a dining room runner and place-mats that I've liked for the Fall I thought this fabric might make a great addition to the Fall dining room table and decorations I have there.



I decided to use a 40" long section of the beautiful teal fall fabric for the center rectangle and surround it with brown rectangles and gathered teal border. I used a cream colored print quilted fabric for the back liner.  I also machine top-stitched along the edge of the brown rectangle borders and along several areas of the teal fall fabric design for support.

I was pleased with the way my teal runner turned out and knew it was going to be perfect for the dining room table.  And, if I chose not to use it there I could always use it on the kitchen/family room table shown above or my family room coffee table which is also shown above.

Hopefully, the e-pattern will available next year so stay tuned.


I decided to use a 15" long section of the beautiful teal fall fabric for the center rectangle and surround it with brown rectangles and gathered teal border. I used a cream colored print quilted fabric for the back liner.  I also machine top-stitched along the edge of the brown rectangle borders and along several areas of the teal fall fabric design for support.

I was pleased with the way my teal place-mats turned out and knew they were going to be perfect for the dining room table along with the matching  runner.  And, if I chose not to use it there I could always use it on the kitchen/family room table shown above.

Hopefully, the e-pattern will available next year so stay tuned.


When I was making my teal Fall fabric runners and place-mats I also I thought mug rugs made out of the same fabric would be cute.  So, I designed a set of two 8 3/4" by 6 1/4" mug rugs.

Each mug rug has one teal fabric rectangle surrounded by solid brown rectangles and back lined with beige quilted fabric.  Each mug rug is also machine top-stitched along the edges of the center rectangle.

My handmade mug rugs set  makes an adorable gift and decoration for the Fall.

Please Note: Mug shown in picture not included in handmade mug rug set.

No comments:

Post a Comment