Sunday, September 29, 2013

Who Doesn't LOVE Mug Rugs? How About Plate Placers?

I don't know about all of you but I LOVE sewing mug rugs. The reason is because they're small, easy to make and don't take a lot of time. It's probably the ame reason I like making doll clothes instead of clothes for myself. The doll clothes are small, easy to make and don't take a lot of time. Do you sense a theme here?

Well, my sister, Debbie Bohringer of Inspired Creations By D, who designs beautiful wall art quilts also designs the cutest sets of mug rugs. She has a floral mug rugs series, a log cabin woodland mug rugs series and a new series of Christmas mug rugs series.  They're all shown in the picture above and they're all adorable. Plus, they're small, easy to make, and don't take a lot of time.

Well, my baby sister decided she'd make a Log Cabin "plate placers" series to go along with her Log Cabin mug rugs series. When she told me about it I had no idea what "plate placers" were but didn't want to let on that I didn't know what she was talking about. I am the "BIG" sister after all and, well, admitting that I didn't know something to my "BABY" sister wasn't something I could easily do. So, given I love to do research, I decided to pretend I knew and then do a little research on the web. To my surprise there was NOTHING on "plate placers" anywhere on the web.

When I told "BABY" sister I couldn't find anything on the web for plate placers she started laughing her head off. " Of course, you couldn't find anything," she said, "I made the term up."   She, of course, knew I was just pretending to know what they were and was just waiting for me to ask her. Typical behavior for siblings no matter how old they are - wouldn't you agree?

Here's her explanation of what plate placers are:

What Are Plate Placers?

I wanted to design a place mat to go along with my Log Cabin Mug Rugs.

Well mug rugs are actually coasters right - so my Log Cabin Place mats needed a catchy new title as well and that is where I came up with the name Plate Placers.

My Log Cabin Plate Placers finished size is 9 1/2" x 14" but as with mug rugs; plate placers can be any size you want.  They can be completely square - perhaps 8"x8" -  the sizes are endless.

So what do you think of calling place mats "Plate Placers" instead?

I hope to have a Christmas Plate Placer pattern available for purchase in the very near future!

Now you all know what plate placers are, too.  If you start to see the term being used at least you'll know where the term originated from.  Leave it to BABY sister to coin her own term.

No comments:

Post a Comment