Saturday, December 08, 2012

New Silk Floral Arrangements For The Dining Room


As I'm sure you all know by now I love creating all types of  floral arrangements.   And, I especially love creating them for the Fall and Christmas holiday seasons and displaying them all over my house.

This year for the first time in many years I found the need to make a few silk floral arrangements for the dining room fireplace display. After putting the display together for my dining room fireplace I decided that It needed something. I decided my BIG Mrs. Santa and Santa dolls needed some colorful poinsettia's at their feet.

I thought I had some, but after looking for them I found out I didn't. So, of course, I had to make some. Oh, what a shame! I had to create poinsettia floral arrangements. How awful was that? Of course, I was in floral designing heaven.


So, off to Michael's I went with my coupon to buy silk floral poinsettia stems at 50%. After looking at everything they had I decided to create 4 arrangements. One tall one in a Santa suit container and three small ones in red and green "Joy" containers.

I decided the tall floral arrangement should be made out of evergreen sprigs which I had already decided would be a good compliment for some white Christmas rose stems I already had. Put together in the Santa suit container these would look great behind my BIG bear and next to my North Pole lighted sign.  My arrangement is shown in the picture above.


I had bought two red containers and one green container all three of which said "Joy." I love buying Christmas decorations with the words "Joy" as a private tribute to my Mom so when I spotted the "Joy" containers I knew I had to buy them. I had also bought several large white poinsettia sprigs, several glittery red poinsettia sprigs, and several plain red poinsettia sprigs.

For the white poinsettia arrangement I added complimentary gold sprayed and glittery ferns as well as several red poinsettia sprigs to create fill. I was pleased with the way the white poinsettia arrangement came out and it is shown in the picture above.


For the two red "Joy" containers I decided to add red poinsettia springs. One arrangement would be solid red poinsettia's and one would be red glittery poinsettias. I added some multi-colored green holiday silk eucalyptus sprigs as filler. The solid red arrangement is shown in the picture above and the glittery red arrangement is shown in the picture below.


I was pleased with the way all four of the arrangements came out and think they compliment the large red, white, green, and gold floral arrangement I had made years below and which is the focal point for the fireplace. That arrangement is shown in the picture below.


All in all I was pleased with the way the display and my newly created poinsettia and evergreen arrangements turned out.


It's such a shame I had to create some new floral arrangements..........


No comments:

Post a Comment