Saturday, December 01, 2007

We're Snow Big! My Favorite Big Snowmen Scene


I know I've told you many times how much I love decorating with BIG floral arrangements and BIG dolls.
 

And, I know I've mentioned that I like to change the decorations in my dining room fireplace for the different seasons or holidays. Well, I decided this year that it was time to create a big floral arrangement to cover the winter season.


Plus, I had a terrific coupon from Michaels for my entire purchase including the sale items so, of course, I had to put that to good use. So, off I went to Michaels last week.

I already had a large ceramic pot that had been given to us as a gift one Christmas by my younger brother and sister-in-law that I wanted to use so I didn't have to buy that. And, I knew I wanted the colors to be dark blues, burgundy and white along with some greens.

To my delight Michaels had what I wanted. So I checked out and came home.

Unfortunately it was a little too cold for me to work in the basement when I got home so I had to wait a few days before I could put my arrangement together.


It took me about 1 1/2 hours to put my arrangement together. It stands about 3 feet tall and is about 2 1/2 feet wide and fills up the dinning room fireplace nicely.


I decided to add three of my 2 1/2 feet to 3 feet tall snowmen to my scene this year as well as adding a little snowman I had made years before who sits on a woodland bear plant stand my sister had given me years ago. He looks perfect on he plant stand so I let him sit there every winter.

The snowman on the wood chair is my own Snow Go Noodles design.


I like how the snowman scene came out. Hope you do, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment