Thursday, August 25, 2016

Look What I Won! Wow! A Beautiful Art Doll By Hally Levesque "Winter Roses"






Over a week ago I learned that I had won the beautiful "Winter Roses" art doll  that Hall Levesque was raffling off to one of the students from her Romantic Rosabella and Wee Winter Whimsies classes at Artful Gathering. I couldn't believe it! I never win anything - especially a gorgeous art doll made by an unbelievably talented and gifted art doll artist - Hally Levesque.

So, you can imagine my anticipation awaiting the mailman every day. Well, today, she finally arrived - safe and sound.

I have to tell you that she is even more beautiful than her pictures depict.   According to Hally, "The doll is a combination of elements taught in both the Romantic Rosabella and Wee Winter Whimsies workshops and stands 11.5" tall (the same size as a Barbie doll). I used synthetic fur for the hair to give her that windswept look."

What I can't get over is her remarkable face. She is a totally handmade, hand sculpted, and hand painted art doll. The hand painted features on her face, which is only 1 3/4" long and 1 1/4" wide, are beautifully done and unbelievable. All I can say is "Wow!" She is utterly gorgeous and a true inspiration for what a beautiful art doll can look like.

So, thank you from the bottom of my heart, Hally, for creating such a gorgeous doll and wonderful inspiration. I will cherish her forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment