Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Gotta Love Cloth Dolls and My Cloth Dolls Tutorials, Video's, Patterns, and How-To's Pinterest Board



I absolutely love dolls of every shape and kind.  Cloth dolls are a favorite of mine and range from all different sizes to all different styles to all different time periods.


It doesn't matter if they are Victorian, country, folk art, primitive, colonial, or shabby chic.  I love making all of them.


It doesn't matter if they are for everyday use or just for the holidays or seasons.  I love making them and decorating my house with them.


Basically, I love cloth dolls. In fact, I've never seen a doll I haven't loved or seen a type of doll I haven't wanted to make. I want to try making every conceivable type of doll there is. It's a lifetime quest which I know at this point I'll probably never finish. For sure, I'll give it my best shot.  At this point in time I've made over 2000 dolls, some of my own design and some based on other doll makers designs.


Not only do I love making dolls, but I love finding out the history of all the different types of cloth dolls made over the decades and different ways for making them.  You could say I love history and research as well. As a result many of my doll histories are about various cloth doll histories.


In doing my research on the history of faceless dolls I learned that several types of faceless dolls throughout history have been cloth dolls.


In my book review series I ran across several books about cloth dolls.

Over the years I've bought many doll patterns and created dolls from some of the wonderful free tutorial, how-to's and patterns I've seen.  So, of course I had to set up a Pinterest board for all the wonderful cloth doll patterns, tutorials, video's and how-to's that I've found.


I just LOVE making cloth dolls and finding tutorials, patterns, articles, projects, and how-to's for making them. If you love cloth dolls, too I hope you enjoy what I've found. Happy doll making.

If you love my Cloth Dolls Tutorials, Video's, Patterns, and How-To's board please follow my board by clicking on the link above.

Happy cloth doll making.


No comments:

Post a Comment