Sunday, August 16, 2015

My Tinytopia Mixed Media House Canvases



I finally finished the last two projects I will be making from the Tinytopia & The Magic of Little Things online class being taught by Mary Jane Chadbourne class at Artful Gathering this summer.




The project was to create a small, simple design mixed media canvas from the miniature houses.

Well, given that I never do anything in moderation my canvases were small (6" x 6" and 8" x 8") but not a simple design.  Mine ended up being dense collage clusters of sorts. I started out trying to make them simple, but they just wouldn't cooperate.    So, dense they became.

The one shown in the picture at the beginning of this post is a seasonal Spring and Summer garden collage.


Given that we're almost to my favorite season - Fall and given that I always make something for every Fall season I decided to make something for the upcoming Fall season and Halloween holiday. My Fall and Halloween mixed media canvas dense collage is shown below.



I totally enjoyed the 3 online classes that I took at Artful Gathering this summer and learned a LOT but have to say that they were a LOT of work - especially two classes in one session. I don't think I'll be taking two classes in one session again as they took a lot of time and time, for me, is of the essence. So next year I'll be back to one each session.

No comments:

Post a Comment