Monday, August 10, 2015

My Tinytopia Miniature Houses


I don't know why it is that I can never do anything in moderation.  I try to, but always fall prey to loving what I'm doing and wanting to try this or try that.  That is definitely a formula for over doing and, one of these days, I am truly going to run out of space for everything I make.  Hubby and my sister would tell you that I'm way past that point right now.  They're probably right, but when my creative juices have a hold on me - I make way more than I should.

Such was the case with the miniature houses I made for the Tinytopia class I'm taking during the 2nd session of Artful Gathering.  My Tinytopia & The Magic of Little Things online class is being taught by Mary Jane Chadbourne, who is an amazing mixed media artist.  I love her class and love the way she teaches.  Her classes are always a lot of fun and filled with all sorts of different projects and methods to try.

I still haven't finished the miniature house canvas projects from her class.  I'm working on them so, yes, there will be more to show you.  For now here's what I've made so far:

The picture at the beginning of this post is a collage of the 12 different miniature houses I made.


Nine miniature houses in a row.


Two woodland houses on pedestals.


One large size fairy house.


One medium size fairy house.


One tiny little fairy house.


A terra cotta cluster of fairy houses.


A collage of my Woodland and Fairy Houses.


I couldn't forget two of my favorite seasons and holiday - Halloween and Fall.


A Christmas and winter collage.

Did I make too much? Probably.

Will I do it again?  Most assuredly.



No comments:

Post a Comment