Friday, November 23, 2012

What A View!


I've been blogging since 2004 so I think it would be fair to say that I love it. It's something that seems to come naturally to me. Sit, think, and write.

And, it's fair to say that I don't usually find myself in a position where I don't have something to say. In fact, I could probably be accused of having blogorrhea - too much to say.

Well, last week I was speechless.  As I sat down at my sister's dining room table I found that I had nothing to say- I couldn't blog. My mind was a blank. I was too distracted. YIKES!!!

What was going on? All I wanted to do was stare out her dining room window.

How can you blog when you're looking at a view like in the pictures above or below? I was mesmerized by the view. No wonder I couldn't blog. I was too distracted.



Last week I paid a visit to my sister and her Rock Garden Alpacas farm in upstate New York and absolutely loved it. The views were amazing, my alpaca "nieces and nephews" were irresistible, and the people I met were so friendly, so inviting. I had a wonderful time.


My sister and I spent several days laughing, shopping, eating, crafting, tending to the "kids" and working on her websites. There was a lot of laughter, a lot of shopping (she's a very bad influence on me! LOL), and a lot of eating. Hopefully, I didn't gain too much weight.

Actually to be fair I can be an out of control shopper all by myself so when her friend told her about The Fieldstone House and the fabric there she was all ears. And, when she told me about the fabric there - well, all you have to do is mention fabric to me and I'm game.

So, my sister and I and her friend paid a visit to The Fieldstone House. That was such an amazing experience it deserves it's own blog post. Fair to say my sister and I were very, very bad there.


Twice a day my sister and I had to walk down the hill to tend to her alpaca "kids." With such a view it's amazing I ever made it down to the "kids."


But, as always, Ivy was waiting so I couldn't get too distracted. She had her schedule and expected us to be on time. Sometimes we were a little early and sometimes a little late. Both times she'd give us a look of disapproval - like a mother scolding her kids.

Of course, after tending to the "kids" I got to go back to blogging in her dining room. Or, trying to blog in her dining room.

I decided it was impossible to do. I finally gave up. How can you blog with such a view?


No comments:

Post a Comment