Thursday, September 05, 2019

My New Handmade Mixed Media Wood Christmas Houses


I don't know why hubby and I are drawn to houses but our home is filled with pictures of houses.  Whether it's a picture of an old barn, a watercolor of a row of houses, graphics of houses, Americana pictures of farm scenes - we are a house or house pictures.

Add that to a love of dolls, the Victorian era and Queen Anne furniture, puritan furniture, handmade arts and crafts and you have an eclectic collection of home decor for our house.

My craft supplies stash includes 4" by 5" unfinished wood houses waiting to be created.  So, of course, when looking at my Christmas creative mode this summer you'd see 4 Christmas decorated houses.




The houses were all made basically the same.  All four sides of each have scrapbook collage papers, graphic images, chipboard stickers, 3 dimensional Christmas glitter decorations, mixed media fiber trims, Alene's True Snow accents and scrapbook collage words or phrases.

Even though they were basically put together the same way they are all different as you can see from the pictures below:





I'm not sure which is my favorite yet.  I love all of them.  Then again, I've never met a handmade item I haven't loved.

I can tell you that hubby likes all of them too.  Then again, he lives in a house of houses.

So, you all will have to determine for yourselves whether you like them and, if you do, which is your favorite.

Copyright © 2004 - 2023 - All Rights Reserved - Designed By Linda Walsh

No comments:

Post a Comment