Monday, September 02, 2019

My New Handmade Mixed Media Christmas Elves - Meet Twinkle, Pam, Lila and Betty



I am definitely someone who can't stop crafting.  As I've been doing this my whole life I'd have to say at age 65 there is no hope of me stopping.  Nor would I ever want to.  I love the creative  mode.  It relaxes me and inspires me.  I love creating and I love seeing the creations from all the extraordinary artists and crafters on the web.

As you all know I never do anything in moderation and when I get inspired to create - well, create I do.  And create, and create, and create.

This summer I decided I needed some new Christmas decorations and felt really inspired to make some.  And make them I did.  At last count I was at 34 different creations so, as you can imagine, I've had a lot to show you.


Well, as mentioned in my "My New Handmade Mixed Media Snow Fairies Art Dolls - Meet Pixie, Dixie, and Mixie" post I had 4 unfinished paper-clay heads to use that I've been saving for years.

Well, I figured it's now or never so I decided to use them to create 4 mixed media Christmas girl elves.


Say hello to Twinkle, Pam, Lila and Betty.

My girl elves are shown in the picture above - from left to right we have Twinkle, Pam, Lila and Betty.  They were all made basically the same, but like all "dollies" they each have their own style and their own little personalities.


Details of all the various media used to create them and close-up pictures of each will follow. Just click on the links below:


Copyright © 2004 - 2023 - All Rights Reserved - Designed By Linda Walsh

No comments:

Post a Comment