Saturday, December 22, 2018

My Pinterest Boards Are Getting 1.1 Million Monthly Viewers - WOW!



I don't know about the rest of you, but I fell in LOVE with Pinterest.com back in 2011 and have been in love with it ever since.  It is by far the most wonderful way to organize everything and anything about "you."

What moves you, what you like, what you're keeping tabs on, things you saw online that you want to remember, things you want to try in the future, places you've been, what you consider "beautiful", your creations, your interests, foods you like, websites you like, blogs you like, your dreams, future plans for a wedding, dream home, your decorating style, must haves, things you'd like to make, inspirations, DIY projects to try, tips for everything and anything, tutorials to try, your bucket list, beautiful pictures, beautiful colors, things for your kids, nature at its finest, beautiful animals, decorations for the holidays, and your favorites - whether they are artists, crafters, movies, pictures, collections, music, recipes, favorite hobbies, etc.  The list goes on and on.  Your boards and your page give your followers and the world a pictorial glimpse into the essence of "you."

Back in 2011 I created different boards for all sorts of crafts I liked, such as: some of my handmade Victorian dolls (of course), my cross-stitch projects that I'm very proud of, some of my e-patterns, creative embroidery I'd love to try (if I had a few spare moments), my favorite art doll artists, my favorite mixed media artists, my favorite doll pattern designers, my favorite teddy bear artists, my favorite needle & wool felt designers, doll and craft classes I'd love to take, my favorite "softies" designers, Victorian fashions and Godey's fashion plates I love, my favorite prim and folk-art designers, doll houses and miniatures, crazy quilt designers I love, beautiful art quilts, amazing art, cross-stitch and punch needle designers I love, quilt things I'd like to make, craft books worth reading, felt things I love and would like to create, fun paper crafts, mixed media, items I wish I could paint, sewing ideas and notions, etc.

I also wanted to showcase all the wonderful free crafts e-patterns, tutorials, printables, how-to's and video's I could find on every type of craft or media there is so my viewers could not only enjoy what all the talented crafters were sharing but try making some of the crafts projects themselves.

Prior to Pinterest when I found something I liked or wanted to try I'd print out the project and save it in a manila folder.  Needless to say, with 50+ years of crafting I acquired a lot of manila folders filled with all sorts of craft ideas I wanted to try.

Well, with Pinterest I was able to organize my boards for crafts I liked and wanted to try which enabled me to organize my craft area and get rid of all those manila folders.  Whenever I feel the urge to try something new I just visit my Pinterest boards.

Over the years I've created 253 boards with 55,208 pins.  And, over time, my viewership has increased to 1.1 million monthly viewers.  That's a lot of views and a lot of interest in crafts.  How great is that! Wow!

In my opinion for a small business crafter "pinning" is a win-win. It's a fabulous way to present a visual image to a vast audience whose distribution capabilities are endless.  It's also a fabulous way to generate sales for your website and viewers to your blogs.

But, it's also become a great tool for small business artists and crafters online.  In fact, in my opinion,  it's become a "must" for artists and crafters.  A "must" not just because it is one of the easiest ways to promote your creations online, but one of the best ways today for artists and crafters to promote each other.  In fact, it could easily be called the best link exchange ever.

Talk about a beautiful way for all of us to help promote one another. It doesn't get much better or easier than this.  My motto has always been, "What Helps One of Us Helps All of Us!"  Pinterest.com is a fabulous way to do just  that.


Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment