Saturday, November 11, 2017

“Nellie” Victorian Snow Lady Art Doll


Two things today got me to thinking about "Nellie" my Victorian snow-lady doll pattern. The first is that winter is right around the corner. I hope Mother Nature takes pity upon is this year and doesn't inundate us with snow.

The second is a comment my husband made years ago. When the Christmas decorations are put away the Winter decorations, also known as snow-people, make their appearance. I always have a seasonal display in the  front foyer of our house.  For the winter season there is a large floral basket with all the winter blue colors and three of my snow-people dolls. The focal point of the winter display is my "Nellie" Victorian snow-lady doll.

"Nellie" was named after my husband's GrandAunt who was born in May of 1889, definitely during the Victorian Era. Or, at the very least, towards the end of the Victorian Era. All I could think of while I was designing her was that "Nellie" had to have been a bit on the shy, defined, and eloquent side. So, my "Nellie" had to be also.

Yah, so? Linda, will you please get to the second reason!!! Okay, okay. You know how I love to get off track. In any event, my husband told me years ago that he thinks that my "Nellie" Victorian snow-lady doll is the best doll I've ever made. Well, I couldn't agree with him more. She really is quite stunning. I have to keep that to myself though as "Nellie" is quite full of herself as are most of the dolls I've made. She just loves to be on display and begged me to show you the new pictures that I've just taken of her so you could judge for yourselves..

"Nellie" is one of my more advanced patterns and requires a more experienced sewer. It's not that she is "difficult" herself (she told me to tell you that) it's just that her clothing is intricately designed. Her lined coat is adorned with lace both inside and out.

So, what do you think? Is she stunning? If you think so, please don't tell her. Make sure you send me a confidential e-mail. "Nellie" is quite the snoop and if she found out there would be no living with her then. She'd want to be on display year round. And then I'd have "Dollie WWIII" going on in my house. Please, please if you think she's gorgeous let me know. Just don't tell"Nellie."

Nellie Snow Lady" is a free-standing doll and such a beautiful snow lady dressed in her best street costume. She has a fancy double-tiered lace trimmed dress, full length double-tiered laced trimmed (inside and out) lined jacket with long puffed sleeves, fancy lace and floral decorated lined hat, lace trimmed and gathered slip, lace trimmed and gathered bloomers, lace trimmed parasol, and lace gloves. Her arms are wire-shaped and covered. Her hair is white with bangs and is fastened in a bun. Her face is partly embroidered and she has a covered Styrofoam head and cloth body supported by a wood dowel and covered wood base. Her fancy hat is tied with a lace ribbon into a bow on the side of her head.

"Nellie Snow Lady" is the epitome of elegance in snow gals. She just loves her Victorian outfit and blue colors. It is a good compliment to her "snow" complexion. "Nellie Snow Lady" prides herself on her composure, her style, and her demeanor. She is everything you could want in a Victorian Snow Lady.


Nellie Snow-Lady Handmade Victorian Snow-Lady Art Doll

Copyright © 2004 - 2023 - All Rights Reserved - Designed and Written By Linda Walsh

No comments:

Post a Comment