- About Me
- Contact Me
- Main Website
- My Handmade Animals, Dolls & Crafts
- My Digital Instant Download E-Patterns
- My ETSY Shop
- My Fabric Designs
- My Fabric Designs Blog
- Alpacas Rock
- Alpacas Rock Products Gallery
- It's Raining Doll Parties
- It's Raining Doll Parties Products Gallery
- It's Raining Baby Showers
- It's Raining Baby Showers Products Gallery
- Gray Is Beautiful
- Gray Is Beautiful Products Gallery
- The Dolls Product Lines Series
- Linda Walsh Originals Sprout Patterns Projects
- Linda Walsh Originals Roostery.com Shop
- The History of Faceless Dolls
- Victorian Era Blog
- Dollie Storage Room
- Linda's "Stories"
- Book and Crafts Review Corner
- Tips For Crafters
- My Faceless Beauties Video
- Best Free Craft Articles
- Top Blogs By Crafters
- Inspired Creations By D
- How-To Guide for Digital Goods/Products Downloads
- My Free E-Patterns, E-Printables, & E-Books
Wednesday, May 28, 2014
The Emperor Has No Clothes!
Last Sunday was shearing day at at Rock Garden Alpacas.
What this means for the alpacas is they get all their fiber shaved off.
This is fabulous news for all of us waiting to see what the new season of fiber will bring and bad for the alpacas as they loose their clothes.
Until their fiber starts to grow back they're basically naked.
However, this is really good for them coming into the hot summer months.
They're a lot cooler without those heavy coats on.
And, by shearing them at this time of the year it allows plenty of time for their coats to grow back.
After the shearing the fiber gets sorted and organized in piles as to where it's going.
The "blankets" may be sent to the shows or processed, the 2nd and 3rd groups may be processed into roving, or may be shipped off to the fiber banks, or cleaned and then processed and dyed or turned into batts by my sister.
From the pictures I have to say that the fiber looks really, really good.
Maybe some of it in one form or another will end up at the post office for "big" sister. Hint! Hint!