Sunday, January 15, 2012

Christmas Pin 2011



I was surprised when I went to write this blog post as I was sure I had written about it every Christmas since 2005.    Obviously what I had remembered and what actually happened were two different things.  It seems the last time I had written about this was December 2008.  It's not fun when your mind starts to play tricks on you as you get older.  It's either that or I just have too many fires going at the same time and can't keep track of all of them.  Probably the latter!

If you're a reader of my Linda's Blog then you know that I love Christmas traditions and have been posting for a couple of years about a Christmas tradition my Dad started a very long time ago.  Or, so I thought!

Many, man years ago my Dad wanted to give "his girls" meaning my Mother, myself, and my sister something special for Christmas. Back then the term "his girls" did not imply the possessive chauvinistic implications that it does today. To my Dad it was nothing more than a term of endearment. One that separated us from "his boys", my brothers.

So my Dad decided to buy each of "his girls" a special Christmas pin to wear during the holidays. He bought us pins the first year, and then the second, and so on and so on and so on. My wonderful husband decided to carry my Dad's tradition on after he passed away. So, every year he gives me a Christmas pin. Sometimes he can't decide which one he likes best so I get two special Christmas pins. That's okay with me as I cherish each and every one of them.

This year hubby gave me the Christmas Santa & reindeer pin shown above. It's an adorable and cheery little pin and totally unlike any of the others I have in my collection.  I just LOVE it.

No comments:

Post a Comment