Monday, February 14, 2011

Just A few More Crafts Kits

One of the stores in Sturbridge that my Mom and I used to visit when we were in town was one called Colonial Crafts. They were a small store on the main drag that had all sorts of wonderful wool fabric bundles, primitive patterns, primitive cloth bundles and fat quarters, finished items, wool felt kits, and punchneedle kits.

The staff was always extremely helpful and willing to put kits together for just about any pattern you bought if they had it available. It was where I was first introduced to punchneedle. In fact, one of the owners had no problem taking the time to show me exactly how easy it was to thread the needle and, once you got the knack, how easy it was to do. I was instantly hooked on punchneedle by the time I left the store.  And, of course, I had bought several kits.

I wrote about this adventure and the kit I subsequently completed in a post on my "The Book Review Corner Blog" entitled: Last Year's Punchneedle Kits and Subsequent Gifts.

Well, unfortunately they closed their brick and mortar store. However, they opened up a website - which, of course, I was just thrilled with. Their website is called Colonial Crafts and it is at http://www.colonialcrafts.com.

At their website they have a birthday club which offers a discount to members during their birthday month so, of course with this year's birthday, I asked hubby to get me some things (just a few.... Wink! Wink!) for my birthday. So, he did.

Besides some of the wool bundles that I've been wanting to get for awhile he got the following (all at birthday club discount, of course!)

Wooly Pumpkin Mat - Chickadee Hollow Designs Wool Applique Patterns

Wild Wooly Rose - Chickadee Hollow Designs Wool Applique Patterns

I just LOVE wool felt and penny rug kits.  I have one for the Winter and one for the Fall that I completed and several kits waiting to be completed. I wrote about these in a couple of different posts on my "The Book Review Corner Blog."


Red White and Blue Santas - Gloria Lowell Felting Kits

For quite some time I've had my eye on this wool felting kit.  I've been wanting to try it so maybe this year I'll finally get a chance.

I've also had my eye on some creative embroidery kits for quite some time and finally decide to try the following as they're just so pretty looking:






My Crazy Heart - Chickadee Hollow Designs My Crazy Series

I'm hoping to get most of these done sometime this year.  If and when I do I'll review the craft kit and then let you know in a blog post what I think.  Stay tuned.  This is going to be a wonderful craft year.  I just know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment