- About Me
- Contact Me
- Main Website
- My Handmade Animals, Dolls & Crafts
- My Digital Instant Download E-Patterns
- My ETSY Shop
- My Fabric Designs
- My Fabric Designs Blog
- Alpacas Rock
- Alpacas Rock Products Gallery
- It's Raining Doll Parties
- It's Raining Doll Parties Products Gallery
- It's Raining Baby Showers
- It's Raining Baby Showers Products Gallery
- Gray Is Beautiful
- Gray Is Beautiful Products Gallery
- The Dolls Product Lines Series
- Linda Walsh Originals Sprout Patterns Projects
- Linda Walsh Originals Roostery.com Shop
- The History of Faceless Dolls
- Victorian Era Blog
- Dollie Storage Room
- Linda's "Stories"
- Book and Crafts Review Corner
- Tips For Crafters
- My Faceless Beauties Video
- Best Free Craft Articles
- Top Blogs By Crafters
- Inspired Creations By D
- How-To Guide for Digital Goods/Products Downloads
- My Free E-Patterns, E-Printables, & E-Books
Friday, November 20, 2009
One of My All Time Favorite Pictures
While browsing through some of our old pictures the other day I came across one of my all time favorite pictures. So, I thought I'd show it to you and explain why it is one of my all time favorite pictures. The reasons are purely sentimental, emotional and humorous.
The emotional part is because it shows my beautiful step daughter and I with my twin granddaughters during a wonderful period in all our lives.
The sentimental part is because when I look at this picture it is realistic as to how things are with a little sense of humor thrown in. You see, for me, I can see what all four of us are thinking.
My step-daughter is trying to get one of my granddaughters to hold "Mommy's" hand. I can almost hear her saying, "Hold my hand. I don't want you walking in the street without holding my hand!"
My granddaughter is holding on to Mommy's hand while trying to get her sister to hold her hand. And, she is getting ready to say, "Why won't she hold my hand. Mom she won't hold my hand!"
Her sister is holding her twin sister's hand while reluctantly holding Nana's hand. I can almost hear her saying, "Boy you are tall. Should I be afraid?"
I am holding on to my granddaughters hand and looking down at her saying, "Don't be afraid. I'm not a monster! Tall, but not a monster! LOL LOL"
The following picture is what happened next:
I can clearly remember that day. It was one of those all time beautiful weather days and we all had a wonderful time that day. Looking at the picture brought that all back to me and I was happy it did.