Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Well, I Didn't Win - But, That's Okay!



I thought you'd all like to see my floral crafts entry for the Cloth Doll Artistry group Halloween Challenge in the Crafts Studio. The Halloween challenge was in every studio of the Cloth Doll Artistry group so there were a LOT of entries - especially, in the Cloth Doll Studio.

In any event, if you're a reader of my Linda's Blog you know that I LOVE dolls and doll making, but I also LOVE Floral Design and have been creating floral creations since I was about 10 years old.

I can remember my first floral creation. It was Thanksgiving and I wanted something to serve as the centerpiece for my family's Thanksgiving dinner table. I didn't have any money to buy anything and there weren't any craft stores like AC Moore and Michaels back then so I couldn't browse through endless aisles of craft supplies until I got an idea - like I sometimes do today.

Plus, I wanted something natural so I decided to take a walk in the woods and see what I could come up with. I ended up making some sort of pine cone, pine needle, acorn creation that I kind of glued together with Elmer's Glue, but it did the trick. It served as a lovely Fall centerpiece for my family's Thanksgiving table. And, of course, I was as proud as a peacock of my floral creation.

Over the years I have honed my floral craft skills such that creating natural and silk floral creations comes easily to me. It usually takes an hour or so for me to create my floral arrangements and, as a result, they adorn my house as decorations all year long. The bigger the arrangement the better in my mind. Unfortunately, the bigger the better is not always the best for storage. Large seasonal and holiday floral arrangements require a LOT of room to store and, basically, monopolize my basement. Have I mentioned that my husband is a SAINT to not only put up with my dolls, but my floral arrangements as well! LOL LOL

I'm always getting off track, aren't I? Back to the contest. In any event my entry did not win, but that's okay as far as I'm concerned. I enjoyed making it and it will take it's proud place as the centerpiece for my family's Thanksgiving dinner table this year.

Plus, I may just make a how-to crafts e-project out of it. It's fairly easy to put together and I think my blog readers and customers might enjoy making one of their own. We'll see. Only time will tell.

So, I didn't win, but that's okay. My blog readers and customers will be happy if I make an how-to crafts e-project out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment