- About Me
- Contact Me
- Main Website
- My Handmade Animals, Dolls & Crafts
- My Amazon Handmade Shop
- My Digital Instant Download E-Patterns
- My ETSY Shop
- My Fabric Designs
- Cut and Sew Dolls & Crafts
- My Fabric Designs Blog
- Alpacas Rock
- Alpacas Rock Products Gallery
- It's Raining Doll Parties
- It's Raining Doll Parties Products Gallery
- It's Raining Baby Showers
- It's Raining Baby Showers Products Gallery
- Gray Is Beautiful
- Gray Is Beautiful Products Gallery
- The Dolls Product Lines Series
- Linda Walsh Originals Sprout Patterns Projects
- Linda Walsh Originals Roostery.com Shop
- The History of Faceless Dolls
- Victorian Era Blog
- Dollie Storage Room
- Linda's "Stories"
- Book and Crafts Review Corner
- Tips For Crafters
- My Faceless Beauties Video
- Best Free Craft Articles
- Top Blogs By Crafters
- Inspired Creations By D
- How-To Guide for Digital Goods/Products Downloads
- My Free E-Patterns, E-Printables, & E-Books
Friday, February 27, 2009
Why Not Be Adventuresome?
Well, I decided that I was going to try something new this year. To try and make a type of doll that I haven't made as of yet.
Since I live with 1,796 dolls of my own creation you might be wondering exactly what kind of doll I haven't made yet.
Well, believe it or not but there are thousands of different types of dolls I haven't made and one of them is a beaded goddess art doll. Either with a clay face or with a cloth face.
I have been wanting to make one for quite some time. The problem is - lack of time. So, I thought that maybe if the bodies were already made then I could just embellish the rest. Maybe?
So, when I saw that Monica Magness of "Girl Gone Thread Wild" blog had a batch of 10 small goddess art forms for beading, painting & altering for sale on her GirlGoneThreadWild Etsy shop I decided to buy them! The doll bodies are between 4"-6" tall in size of various colors.
Now the question is how exactly should I finish them? I'm hoping that I'll be able to finish them all before next Christmas as I think they would make wonderful Christmas presents.
Oh, I can hardly wait!
I'm already thinking of the different beads and embellishments I might try. Hmmm..... Should I try clay faces or not? Hmmmm..... How many beads? Hmmmmm.... What else should I use to embellish them? Hmmmmmm.....
Oh, what a delightful adventure this is going to be. Wish me luck.