Wednesday, June 04, 2008

My "Arte Y Pico" Award From Sherrie Nordgren


I haven't had a chance to blog about this until now and wanted to let you all know that Sherrie Nordgren of Primitive Peddlers and Symple Tymes Blog awarded me the "Arte Y Pico" in her post of April 23, 2008.

Here's what Sherrie had to say:

Linda Walsh: of https://lindawalshoriginals.blogspot.com/

If someone was to ask me about Linda Walsh, I'd have to say she is the *Window* of artistic artists of all media's. She has got to be the most unselfish person I have ever know, She has given countless hours of research for others, Sharing and caring is her middle name, Linda alone has opened windows wide open for other giving of her self ..of her talent.. of her time .. all for the growing doll makers , and artists in any media.


I was speechless, honored, and humbled to have received this award from Sherrie. It has to be one of the most beautiful things anyone has ever said to me and I couldn't wait to share it with my husband and my mother - both of who claim to be my biggest fan!

The "Arte y Pico" award was created and to be given to bloggers who inspire others with their creative energy and their talents, whether it be writing, artwork in all media's. When you receive this award it is considered a "special honor". Once you have received this award, you are to pass it on to at least 5 others.

Please read more info on this wonderful award , visit: http://www.arteypico.blogspot.com/.

So, I have to name 5 bloggers that I consider deserving of this award for their creativity, design, posts, and contribution to the blogging community. The rules are as follows:

1) You have to pick 5 blogs that you consider deserving of this award, creativity, design, interesting material, and also contributes to the blogger community, no matter the language.

2) Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his or her blog to be visited by everyone.

3) Each award-winning, has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the award itself.

4) Award-winning and the one who has given the prize have to show the link of "Arte Y Pico"blog, so everyone will know the origin of this award.

5) To show these rules.

This is going to be hard for me to do. I know so many, many talented and gifted artists/crafters and bloggers. Each is uniquely gifted and beautiful in their own right and it is very hard to choose.

However, here's my list:

1) Pat Winter of Gatherings blog and Pat Winter's Gatherings website. Pat is truly a beautiful, compassionate, gifted artist with a beautiful soul. She started "The Comfort Doll Project" out of a concern for battered women and spends countless hours gathering and shipping "comfort dolls" to women's shelters all over the world. She is also a gifted artist who just published her 1st "self-published book" entitled Pat Winter Gatherings - My Crazy Quilting Journey. Pat is an inspiration to all she encounters.

2) Denise Bailey aka NeeNee of KKL Primitives blog and KKL Primitives website. NeeNee has a terrific sense of humor, wonderful spirit, enormous creative talent, and generosity beyond compare. NeeNee always has time to help whoever asks or whoever she encounters who needs help. She is an amazing woman and I remain her #1 fan!

3) Rivkah Rosenfeld of Doll Makers Muse blog and Doll Makers Muse website. Rivkah is an enormously talented doll artist whose creations just take your breath away. She also spends hours upon hours posting FREE tutorials for other doll makers.

Rivkah's mission on her blog is: MY MISSION is to share my love of doll artistry with you, and teach what I know, a little at a time. I would have to say that Rivkah has certainly achieved her MISSION, at least as far as I'm concerned and which I'm sure if you're a fan of her art dolls and blog you will agree. For all her unselfish and countless hours in preparing all her blog tutorials I have to say "Thank-you, Rivkah!"

4) Serena Smith of Embroidery Treasures blog and Embroidery Treasures website. Serena is a phenomenal seamstress who spends untold hours posting FREE tutorials and FREE lessons on her blog for her readers to enjoy and learn from. She is a gifted teacher, has a generous spirit, and has enormous sewing creativity.

A visit to Serena's blog is always a learning experience and you always walk away with a new thought, new perspective, new idea, or new approach to solving a sewing problem. Thank-you Serena for all your hard work and endless hours preparing your blog posts.

5) Lisa Thoms of Q.D.Patooties blog and Q.D.Patooties website. Lisa is a teddy bear artist and an extraordinary plush doll designer. She is also the mastermind behind the "Plush Parade" which is the most delightful parades of plush doll creations on the Internet. The reason that I'm nominating Lisa is because every time I visit her blog I walk away feeling great. Her creativity is unmeasurable and truly unique.

Her creations always make me smile and I suspect she has that same affect on other visitors to her blog. So, for always bringing sunshine and joy to her readers she is deserving of this award. Add to that the fact that she is always posting free ideas and patterns for her readers to enjoy and it makes her doubly deserving of this award.

All of the above are well deserving of the "Arte Y Pico" award. There are many, many more artists and crafting bloggers that are also deserving of this award as well.

There are just so many bloggers that inspire me with their joyous spirits, immeasurable creativity, and amazing senses of humor.

So many bloggers who contribute their time and energy to helping others.

To all of you I say "thank-you" for bringing joy to my life and joy to the lives of all the readers who check in daily to your blogs or who just happen to be passing through. "Thank-you" for inspiring all of us, lifting our spirits, or just plain making our day.


4 comments:

  1. Wow, Linda, thank you so much for the award. Your kind words brought tears to my eyes. Thank you again for making my day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, I'm so happy I could make your day. You'll never know how many times you, your creations, and your blog have made mine.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you thank you thank you!! I am extremely flattered and just flabbergasted. Thank you again!!

    Hugs

    Rivkah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rivkah, you are so very welcome. I am in such awe of your tremendous doll making talent and am glad I was able to flabbergast you. Have a wonderful day.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete