Tuesday, September 07, 2021

My Summer and Spring Mixed Media House Pictures

 

I know that I've mentioned over the years that my husband and I live in a house of dolls and houses.

You know about my passion for dolls but might not know that I love houses and house pictures as well.  

Over the years I have definitely created all sorts of dolls.  For the houses and house pictures I started by buying pictures I liked for our house starting 33 years ago.  After putting up all the pictures my husband and I realized most of the pictures we had selected were of houses or clusters of houses.  Too funny!


So, it seems, I'm also attracted to house art.... lol

Well,  over the years I've bought a few house sculptures - mainly ones that look like the house we live in but, from time to time, some a little different.  And, of course, when it came to craft kits I bought or crafts I wanted to make they featured houses, too.


For example, I bought a creative embroidery kit featuring a quilt shoppe - Embroidered Quilt Shoppe Kit by Chickadee Hollow Designs, which I reviewed here.  The picture above is the quilt shoppe I made and framed.





I also bought four punchneedle kits featuring homes which I finished with handmade pine wood shadowboxes and reviewed  as shown in the pictures above.

And, of course, there were pictures of houses that I had cross-stitched from cross-stitch kits I had bought and reviewed.





















There were 20 cross-stitch kits that I purchased featuring houses and which I finished with store bought frames or where I made pine wood shadowboxes of my own.  I reviewed all of the kits so if you're interested in my reviews please click on the link below each picture.


 Of course, I didn't just make houses from craft kits I had bought.  Some were created based on craft classes I may have taken like the Tinytopia & The Magic of Little Things class I had taken and which was taught byMary Jane Chadbourne.  

In her class I created mixed media houses, some of which were rows of paper or wood houses, some were tiny house pictures made of paper or wood, one was a cluster of winter wood houses, one a cluster of fall wooden houses and several were fairy cottage houses made of wood and paper, all of which are shown in the picture above.

Since I've been in love with mixed media craft creations for several years now I, of course, made some house designs of my own.


There was my My New Handmade Mixed Media Wood Christmas Houses which were made out of pine wood blocks my brother had cut for me and which are shown in the picture above.  


Then there were my New Mixed Media Christmas Decorations - Adorable Gingerbread Houses which were made from chipboard paper house kits I had bought from Alphastamps.net which are shown in the picture above.  All were embellished with chipboard paper doors and other scrapbook paper images, some of which were my own designs.


There was the My New Miniature Mixed Media Gingerbread House Christmas Ornaments which were made from chipboard paper  house kits I had bought from Alphastamps.net which are shown in the picture above.  All were embellished with chipboard paper doors and other scrapbook paper images, some of which were my own designs.



So, what does all this have to do with my summer and spring mixed media house pictures shown at the beginning of this post and in the pictures above?  

Well, out of all the house crafts I had made over the years I didn't really have too many for the spring and summer season as I tend to favor fall and Christmas craft decorations.  Hmmm.... wonder why that is?

So, since I was in a mixed media picture creating mode I decided I should create a summer seaside house collage picture and a spring flower garden house collage picture.


My summer seaside house collage picture was created using an 8" by 8" art board which I sponge painted, paper house andchipboard paper accessory pieces I had bought from Alphastamps.net.  The collage picture contained various embellishments like paper flowers, paper reeds and various summer and beach scrapbook paper images. 

Included were other chipboard pieces like seahorses, anchors, starfish, shells, roof decorative embellishments, and more.


Pictured above is a close-up of the upper right hand corner.


Pictured above is a close-up of the lower right hand corner.


Pictured above is a close-up of the lower left hand corner. 


Pictured above is a close-up of the upper left hand corner.

I had decided ahead of time that I didn't want to hang this picture on the wall.  Instead I finished the back and placed it in a wooden stand.  It currently is sitting on my family room fireplace mantel and I love it. 


For the spring flower garden cottage picture I wanted something a little smaller so I chose to put this chipboard house that I had bought on a 5" by 7" art board.  

After sponge painting the art board I added chipboard embellishments like a water fountain, a birdhouse, birds, butterflies, and leaves.  I also added paper flower embellishments, silk florals, and various scrapbook paper images.  


Pictured above is a close-up of the upper right hand corner. 


Pictured above is a close-up of the lower right hand corner. 


Pictured above is a close-up of the lower left hand corner. 


Pictured above is a close-up of the upper left hand corner. 

I was happy with the way my spring cottage picture turned out and, like the seaside cottage picture, decided not to hang it on the wall but finish the back and add it to a small metal picture stand.  Then I placed it on the opposite side of my family room fireplace mantle.

I was really happy with the way my two pictures turned out and hope you like them too.

Copyright © 2004 - 2023 - All Rights Reserved - Designed and Written By Linda Walsh

No comments:

Post a Comment