Thursday, March 04, 2021

How I Altered An Unusual Witch!


I ran across this picture the other day and I couldn't help but think about why I made a pregnant witch.

Well, in the Fall of  2008 I got an email from a customer telling me that she just loved my witches and wanted to know if I could make an unusual kind of witch for her.

I, of course, was curious. Hmmmm..... witches are witches. What kind of witch did she have in mind that would be so unusual?

Well, it turns out that she had a friend who LOVED witches who also happened to be pregnant and my customer was throwing her a baby shower. So, she wanted to know if I had any "pregnant witches" and if not, would I make her one.

I told her that unfortunately I didn't do custom dolls requests but, would be more than happy to alter a witch I had already made to be pregnant and suggested one of my cloth and wood witches to her.

She loved the witch I had in mind so I altered her to be pregnant and here are the before and after results:

BEFORE:



AFTER:





The witches body was made of wood so what I did was to create a large pair of bloomers and then added a foam ball with stuffing around it to hold the ball in place. 

I added a tying ribbon to the waistband of the bloomers so my customer's friend could untie the bloomers and remove the pregnancy ball so she could use the witch as a regular witch decoration in the future.

I hope the baby shower was successful and that my "pregnant" witch was a big success.

I think she turned out really cute. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment