Friday, March 12, 2021

My Families Love Of Pillows and My Pinterest Quilting Tutorials Board


My mother, sister and I have been sewing for many, many years.  My sister and I learned from our mother at a very young age.  We started small and over the years both my sister and I, as well as our mother, honed our sewing skills and, as a result, ended up making many, many things including our own clothes, large quilts, small quilts, mini quilts, quilted pillows. place-mats and runners.


My sister continued her love of quilts by creating Inspired Creations By D quilted wall art.

After making a bunch of quilts that she gave away as gifts my mother gave up large quilts in favor of smaller pillows.  She loved making log cabin pillows like those shown in the picture at the beginning of this post.  She was happy to make the standard log cabin quilts and other quilted pillows until she learned how to make folded log cabin quilted pillows.  From that point on it was all folded log cabin pillows, table runners and place-mats.


She even took her love of log cabin quilts to the point where she was making miniature 8" by 8" pillows for my baby "Bud."  She made two of them just for him - one for downstairs in the family room when he was laying on the sofa and one for the chair we used as his bed upstairs.


He loved them and it was so adorable seeing him laying down with his head on his pillow.


My mother also liked making folded mini pillows, place-mats and table runners like the table runner shown in the picture above.


The first time I made a quilt I thought, "This is fun!" However, like making clothes I very quickly learned that I didn't want to spend a lot of time on large quilts and outfits to wear. I much preferred mini quilts and doll clothes, both of which were smaller and took a lot less time. I know, I know - I get bored easily and large quilts are very time consuming.  So, I focused more on making dolls and smaller quilts like pillows, place-mats, table runners, etc.


I took making pillows one step further when I started creating custom fabric designs for my Linda Walsh Originals Spoonflower shop. I made lots of pillows with my custom fabric designs like those shown in the picture collage above.


I had so much fun making my Sneaks Family custom fabric pillows for my grandsons for Christmas gifts one year I decided to create a free e-pattern for all of you so you could make some Sneaks Family pillows of your own.  If you'd like to make some of your own my free e-pattern is here.  Please note the design of the individual fabrics shown in the e-pattern have changed since that e-pattern was created.
For The Love Of Pillows

I also like looking at some of the beautiful free pillow creations there are out there as there are a lot of exceptional quilters and seamstresses on the web offering all sorts of "freebies" to inspire everyone else. There's a lot of quilting inspiration as well as pillow inspiration.

As a result I've collected a lot of pins on my Pinterest boards.  I have some on my Quilting Tutorials, Video's, Patterns and How-To's - Everyday Quilted Pillows Projects Pinterest board and a lot on all the different Quilting Tutorials, Video's, Patterns and How-To's Pinterest board sections I have.

There are 30 sections on my Quilting Tutorials, Video's, Patterns and How-To's Pinterest board.  The 30 sections are for everyday quilts to seasonal quilts to holiday quilts to specific types of quilts boards.

At last count I had over 2,000 quilted tutorial pins.  Definitely a lot of wonderful quilted eye candy to see and so much to learn.


I love learning new quilting techniques, watching quilting video how-to's, and reading quilting tutorials. I hope you do, too and hope you like my selection of quilt making how-to's, video's and tutorials.

If you love my Quilting Tutorials, Video's, Patterns and How-To's board please follow my board by clicking on the link above.



No comments:

Post a Comment