Thursday, May 10, 2018

Who Doesn't Love Purses? I Know I Do! How About You?


My recent project got me to thinking about purses and totes. Now I wonder why that is?


I love making totes and have designed and made many of them for It's Raining Baby Showers collection, my Alpacas Rock collection, and my Custom Fabrics Designs collection.  They can be big, small, lined, unlined - it doesn't matter. They are just so versatile. You can never have enough of them and you can never run out of uses for them. 

I loved making them so much I decided to create a free e-pattern for the Halloween tote above here and a free e-book for the large flower tote above here.


As I mentioned in a previous post back in 2012 I decided to take my first online class with Pat Winter on Artful Gathering. The class was called Crazy Quilting 101 and I  LOVED every minute of the class. Pat was such a fantastic teacher. I only wish I had taken one of her classes years before. I made the crazy quilted purse shown in the picture above which I posted about this here.  

After taking this class I had visions of making several semi-formal and formal clutches - some for me and some as gifts.  I never had time until.......  Does this give you an idea of what my latest creations were? Come on? Really? You must have some idea?

In any event, my latest projects got me to thinking about purses, clutches, wallets, totes, etc. and all the wonderful tutorials I've found for my  Purse, Bag,Tote Tutorials, Pouch, Clutch, Wallet, Pocketbook Patterns, Video's & How-To's Pinterest board.  

I have close to 1,000 pins on this board.  All wonderful "freebies" for creating beautiful purses and totes.

I've been collecting these pins for several years now and have visions of making all of them.  For sure that is not going to happen.  Even for me that is a bit much.  Close to a 1,000 purses... really?  For sure I'd be in divorce court... lol. 

While I won't be making all of them I do have my eye on a few tutorials I'd like to try.  There's the craft organizer sewing bag tutorial by Torie Jayne here,  the boho bag tutorial by Gerry Krueger here,  the quilted suitcase tutorial by Ashley of "Mommy By Day Crafter By Night" tutorial here, the crocheted granny square purse by Lily of  "Sugar'n Cream" which I would need to learn how to crochet first here (it's on my list of to do's),  and the fold over bag tutorial by Anna Graham here.  

There's so many I want to try and make.  So, many little purse organizers, wallets, storage baskets, etc.  You get the idea.  More than I could possible make in a lifetime.  I'll just have to settle for a few.  Maybe a little more than a few..... lol.



There are so many wonderful tutorials out there for making all sorts of purses, totes, bags, pouches, clutches, wallets, pocketbooks, bags, etc.  I, of course, love them all and have collected close to 1,000 tutorials, patterns, and how-to's on my Purse, Bag,Tote Tutorials, Pouch, Clutch, Wallet, Pocketbook Patterns, Video's & How-To's Pinterest board.

If you love making purses, totes, clutches, wallets, pocketbooks, etc. then you're going to love my Purse, Bag & Tote Tutorials, Pouch, Clutch, Wallet, Case & Pocketbook Patterns, Video's & How-To's Pinterest board.

Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment