Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Trillium Blues Mini - New E-Pattern by Inspired Creations By D


In April of 2011 my baby sister decided to combine her love of quilting with her love of gardening and started designing floral wall art quilts for Inspired Creations By D. Her first quilt design was called "Trillium Blues" which I absolutely loved. It had the most beautiful blue colors to it and had my mother's, my, and baby sister's favorite color - blue.

So, of course, I dropped a lot of hints about how lovely it would look in my house. But, I wasn't the only one dropping hints. Her step-son did too. Since the original Trillum Blues was too big to fit in his house she designed two much smaller versions: one with a wood frame and one dowel hung. Since she was creating two mini versions of "Trillium Blues" she decided to create a new e-pattern so you could create a smaller version of your own.

The wood frame mini wall art quilt is going to her step-son. Lucky guy.  I, of course, keep dropping hints about the dowel hung one and how beautiful it would look in my house. My pleas keep falling on deaf ears. My sister thinks it would look beautiful in her house, too and already has a place in mind for it.

I keep hoping that she'll take pity upon her "older" "big" sister who hit a milestone "old lady"  birthday this year and give it to me.  I'm hoping........

It would look wonderful in my house.......  baby sister, hint-hint!

Come on now, you know you want to give it to me.........


Here's what she said about her mini quilt:

My youngest stepson wanted a Trillium Blues for his home but he did not have a space big enough for the original Trillium Blues so I simply created a more compact size.  The original was 28"x 33" but this Trillium Blues "Mini" is 19" x 19"; a perfect size for a smaller space.  It has all the same beautiful cobalt blues, white trillium and of course, the butterfly, as the original did.  Perhaps this will fit in a smaller spot for you as well!




Copyright © 2013 - 2023 - All Rights Reserved - Designed by Debbie Bohringer

No comments:

Post a Comment