Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I'm Taking My First Online E-Class - Artful Gathering 2012


I have been wanting to take some online e-classes for years and have just never had the time.  This morning, while nursing a head cold and perusing Pat Winter's "Crazy Quilt Gatherings" magazine for the umpteenth time   I saw a page on the "Artful Gathering 2012 - An Online Video Art Retreat" which was offering online classes in June 2012.

While browsing through the Session One Workshops I saw several that I thought would be nice to take.  And, I saw one that was being taught by Pat Winter, who is one of my all time favorite crazy quilt designers. I met Pat many, many years ago when she signed up for my Top Blogs By Crafters toplist and fell in love with her creations.  She was one of the first artists who participated in my "Get To Know The Artists/Crafter Series" that I was writing at the time for "I Love Crafts and Craft Blogs."  I loved her creations and loved her "Comfort Doll Project" that she was doing back then and decided to write a blog post about it.  When I learned that Pat was going to publish a "Crazy Quilt Gatherings" magazine I was thrilled to pieces.  I believe I was the first in line to purchase it - that is is anyone can be first in line when purchasing online.    And, of course, I LOVED.

So, when I saw that Pat and several other amazing artists that I know were teaching I decided "if not now - when" and signed-up for the workshops.

I haven't decided which of the Session One and/or Session Two classes I'm going to take.  I would LOVE to take them all, but that is impossible.  So, I'll have to trim my list a little.  When I know more about the online gathering and what classes I've decided to take I'll let you know.

YIPPEE!!!!!!  My first online class.  I'm so excited.

You can't tell and certainly wouldn't want to see me doing this, but right now I'm doing a "HAPPY" dance in my jammies.

No comments:

Post a Comment