Thursday, September 08, 2011

For The LOVE of Counted Cross-Stitch!


I know that I've told you many, many times that I LOVE cross-stitch. Maybe I should say I've told you many, many, many, many times. Let's face it - I've told you so many times it might as well be ad infinitum.

I've also told you that I've been working on a MASSIVE project to revise all of my patterns to replace my hand drawn diagrams and pattern piece pages with computer assisted diagrams and pattern piece pages. Like cross -stitch that work is quite tedious and after nine months of working on it I can actually see light at the end of the tunnel. I will be done with all my patterns this Fall and I couldn't be happier.

In order to relax during the last nine months of tedious computer work I've been doing some counted cross-stitching. Counted cross-stitching can be quite tedious, but isn't quite the same as the stress and strain you can get from working on the computer with drawing computer assisted diagrams. At least I don't think it is.

In any event if you've been following my "The Book Review Corner Blog" you know that I've been reviewing all the cross-stitch kits I have completed and have written quite a few posts on the craft kits that I've bought over the years.  If you'd like to read any of them just click on the cross-stitch review below that interests you.

In any event, during the last nine months I've managed to complete several cross-stitch kits.  The largest one was a Victorian Lady that I wrote about in June in a post on my Linda's Blog entitled "315 Hours On Another Cross-Stitch Picture - WOW!" and in a post on my The Book Review Corner Blog in a post entitled "Linda's Review of In Her Garden - Dimensions Gold Collection Cross-Stitch Kit."

During this period I've also managed to complete six smaller cross-stitch kits and I'm happy to show you how they turned out and review them for you in several posts to follow.

I hope you enjoy seeing how my counted cross-stitch kits turned out and reading my reviews.

Have I mentioned I just LOVE counted cross-stitching?

I didn't think so!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment