Sunday, March 26, 2006

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR BUD!!!


You could say that our house is ruled by "Bud" and has been for the last nine years. "Bud" is our Cairn Terrier and he is nine years old today and we wanted to wish him a very, very HAPPY BIRTHDAY. So, H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y to our BUD!

If you are a reader of my Linda's Blog then you know that "Bud" controls us. Everything revolves around him and his schedule. Just consider us "Certified DOG Lovers!

First thing in the morning, after he has been taken out to do his business, he comes bounding in the house like a herd of wild buffalo. He stops short, jumps and faces me with his eager eyes and tongue out as if to say "Did you miss me? Did you miss me? Did you miss me, Mom?" I, of course, make a big deal out of this and say "Well, H-E-L-L-O -- H-A-N-D-S-O-M-E!!!!!" Then he's happy and off he goes. You can't bother him now because its time for his #1 obsession - FOOD! Don't even think about patting his head. Get your hands off me, MOM, I'm BUSY!

We, like most dog owners, probably feed him too much. Well, actually, there's no probably about it. WE DO FEED HIM TOO MUCH! In fact, next month when he goes for his annual check-up the vet is going to put us, once again, in the dog house. We've been bad. His weight is supposed to go down on the scale not up. It's just so hard to control this. I mean, there's only so many things in a dogs life that give him pleasure - FOOD being the most paramount. It seems like it's wrong, just wrong, to deny him this. But, we know we aren't helping him health wise and have to be his guardians. So, once again, our "BUD" will be on a doggy diet. This time, however, Mom and "Bud" will go on the diet together. Maybe we can lose some weight together.

So, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BUD! You can do anything you want today. Well, within reason....

No comments:

Post a Comment