Tuesday, January 18, 2022

A Mixed Media Paper Sleigh and Happy Shopping Trip


When I first started making silk floral decorations I started with Christmas decorations and, specifically, started with metal Christmas decorated sleighs in two sizes: large and small.  

I have to blame my mother for this (lol) as we were on a shopping trip and happened to go into a Christmas Tree Shop.  She spotted the metal Xmas sleighs and told me she thought they might make cute decorations for the Christmas holiday season.  So, of course, I bought some.

In looking at the sleighs I thought they might be nice for decorations.  The big ones would be great for the floor and the smaller ones for table decorations.   I wanted to add florals, paper boxes, pinecones, etc. as decorations in the sleigh.  Of course, for some I added a Santa and toys.


Over the years I ended up dismantling the silk floral sleighs and, currently, have the empty metal sleighs in a box somewhere...lol  I would include a picture of them here as they are really cute, even when empty, but I'm not exactly sure where they are right now and what box they are in....lol 


In any event, when looking at the chipboard decorations I wanted to buy I spotted a small chipboard sleigh that I thought might be fun to put together.  So, I bought one and only one.  Now that is a little unusual for me as when I find something I like I usually buy more than one...lol  

This time I didn't.  I only bought one.


So, when I was looking at the Christmas chipboard decorations I wanted to make for this Christmas season I spotted the little sleigh and thought it might make for a cute table decoration.

I didn't want my sleigh to be traditional holiday red.  I thought perhaps an old fashioned burgundy metallic paint color would be nice and gray metallic paint color for the trim would be a nice compliment.

Instead of adding a little Santa I opted just for miniature paper/cardboard presents.  For the sides I added two red ribbon bows and to the front and back I added two chipboard Christmas decorations I had bought.

Putting the sleigh together was rather easy and really didn't take a lot of time, which pleased me to no end, as I had a lot to do this Christmas holiday season.  

In fact, it was so easy I thought that I should buy some more.  And, then I heard "Linda" in my ear and knew my beloved mother was telling me "one is enough!" ....lol


No comments:

Post a Comment